1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

But did they release Braxton Miller?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao!!

J.R. likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

goes without saying

Nimo likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I wanted him, could be had for cheap and good depth for when one of our receivers obviously goes down.

body slam likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This is going to be exciting for a couple days

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl

Deshaun Watson on his world travels recently: 'It's something I always wanted to do. I always dreamed about it. I love historical stuff.'

Deshaun Watson: 'I went to London, Austria, Venice and Milan, Egypt, Shanghai and Beijing. I can't pick a favorite. Each one was a different vibe, a different energy.'

Deshaun Watson on his viral picture of himself standing on a camel in the desert said it wasn't tough to get the camel to stand still.

Deshaun Watson on Carl Smith as new QBs coach: 'He's a guy with a lot of experience, he just has so much knowledge.'

Deshaun Watson: ''I want to master my craft, get back to the basics, fundamentals, take my knowledge of the defense to another level, really just build myself as a leader and embrace that Year 3 as a leader.'

Deshaun Watson on Tim Kelly promotion to OC: 'I'm excited for Tim. He deserves it. He's doing a great job so far. I'm excited for his opportunity and he's going to do great.'

J.J. Watt on this offseason as opposed to last year when he was recovering from broken leg, surgery: 'I get to work on my craft, work in the weight room. Last two years hoping to get back to play and hoping to play at a decent level.'

J.J. Watt on spending time training with his brothers recently at UCLA; "It was really special. There's nothing like it. I'm very fortunate the last two weeks we got to spend together.'

J.J. Watt on joint practices in Green Bay: 'I got really excited. I went to training camp in Green Bay as a kid.' Recounts watching Packers practice from bleachers as a kid, autographs. 'To go back to my home state and play in front of those fans, it's going to be really special'

J.J. Watt on being 30 and his longevity: 'It really doesn't feel any different for me. It's pure focus on trying to make it as long as you can. I love the game.'

J.J. Watt on commencement speech at Wisconsin coming up, says it's not ready, he doesn't write speeches. He's just going to wing it. 'Just tell me when to stop talking. I have about a month to figure it out'

J.J. Watt; 'I'm really excited. I get to go back to Camp Randall. I never graduated. It's a true honor. I grew up 45 minutes from Camp Randall.'

J.J. Watt: 'I'm fortunate. I've had a very fortunate life. I don't want to leave the game anytime soon.' Hopeful that two years he was sidelined will add two years to his career.

Matt Kalil on new opportunity with Texans after being released by Carolina: 'I didn't hesitate. They've had a lot of great players who've had setbacks.'

Matt Kalil: 'I like being on a one-year deal. Everybody knows what kind of player I can be. It's about being healthy.' Says he feels healthy and strong. 'That's been the X-factor: health'

Matt Kalil: 'This is the most fired up I've been in a while.'

Matt Kalil said his father playing for the Houston Gamblers appealing to him about joining the Texans. Frank Kalil played center at Arkansas and Arizona, and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 1982, Played for Arizona Wranglers in 1983 and Gamblers in 1984 in USFL

Matt Kalil said he isn't full-go yet, working toward that goal.

New Texans safety Tashaun Gipson on his knack for containing tight ends: 'The best tight ends that come to NRG, I'm gonna put the clamps on.'

Tashaun Gipson: 'You bring the physicality.'

Tashaun Gipson on Justin Reid 'He's almost too smart. He's the guy who knows everything. I ask him a lot of questions.'

Tashaun Gipson on Tyrann Mathieu; 'I respect his game. I'm a different guy. One guy Tweets a lot. I don't have Twitter. We have different personalities.'

Tashaun Gipson on Texans defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel: 'He's respected around the league.'

Tashaun Gipson on being back in Texas: 'I was at dinner with another team when I got the call (won't say which team).' He finished the dinner, but immediately closed on his three-year, $22.5 million contract

Tashaun Gipson: 'I love the state of Texas.' Three hours from his hometown of Dallas. Went to Kimball HS, where he played football, basketball, ran track

Tashaun Gipson said Jaguars corner A.J. Bouye, the former Texans starter, is one of his closest friends. Said he and Texans corner and former Jaguars teammate Aaron Colvin gave him lots of advice about joining the Texans. Said it was very helpful in making his decision.

Tashaun Gipson said he's aware the question mark of the defense is the secondary with the talent the Texans' defense has across defensive line and at linebacker. 'I'm excited to be here. I'm going to go to work.'

#2637 J.R., Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  18. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member