1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. skenney1993

skenney1993 Member

A great pass rush will make the secondary look better. Adding another pass rusher will allow them to keep everyone fresh on the dline which will come in handy in the 4th quarter of games. I like Warford, but I wouldn’t get in a bidding war for him.

stevel and raining threes like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fake! We all know the NRG Roof doesn't open. ;)

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Incredible!

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Delete..wrong thread

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

just convince clowney to sign below market contract, and trade stills with some picks (3rd and below) for AJ green... whats so hard about that? (im being sarcastic but how cool would that be)

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anthony Weaver on Rex Ryan influence on his coaching style: 'Rex was a huge influence on my career as a player and a coach'

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) May 13, 2020

Anthony Weaver on draft picks Ross Blacklock, Jonathan Greenard, John Reid: ‘Those are guys who have played significant snaps. They have the three qualities we’re looking for: They’re smart, tough and dependable.’

Texans defensive coordinator Anthony Weaver: ‘I envision our defense being representative of our city’

Anthony Weaver on Ross Blacklock: ‘Ross, he was a guy from a measurable standpoint had everything you’re looking for on. On tape, was twitchy, instinctive.’

Anthony Weaver on Jonathan Greenard: ‘Can rush outside, rush inside, drop into coverage.’

Anthony Weaver on safety group: ’We’re extremely excited about Eric Murray and Michael Thomas, proven veterans, phenomenal human beings. I think Justin Reid is a heck of a football player. When he comes back 100 percent healthy, I could see him making a huge jump as well’

Anthony Weaver on secondary: ’We’ve got to help them up front, got to figure out a way to get that ball out quicker and not just leave them out there on an island.’

Anthony Weaver on defensive instincts: ‘I don’t want them to be robots. I don’t want to handcuff them.’

Anthony Weaver has Muhammad Ali photos on his wall: ‘My dad made me watch all those fights. All the things he stood for, he’s a tremendous example. I’ve got a lot of photos, Joe Montana, Four Horsemen ..’

Anthony Weaver on playoff collapse against Chiefs: ‘That was obviously a tough day. We can’t ride those waves. We have to stay consistent throughout and stop any hemorrhaging. I can help be a reflection of that.’

Anthony Weaver thanks McNair family, Bill O’Brien for promotion, credits Rex Ryan as a guiding influence, his high school coach in New York, ‘a second father figure to me’ and Romeo Crennel ‘Tremendous defensive mind, incredible human being’

Anthony Weaver on being anew DC, he met with Urban Meyer, another coaching influence. He told me, ’You’re out of the suggestion business and you’re in the decision business’ Those words carried a lot of weight. I have the final say.’

Anthony Weaver on opening against Chiefs, Ravens: "It’s absolutely exciting to showcase our defense and show what we’re going to be. Our guys will be ready to go. They’ll be champing at the bit.’

Anthony Weaver on cerebral approach to football: ’You’ve got to love the chess match. That’s part of the beauty in schematics’

Anthony Weaver still coaching defensive line, gets help from Matt O’Donnell, Akeem Dent, Romeo Crennel. ‘I have a bunch of help.’

Anthony Weaver on Michael Jordan: ‘I have watched the Last Dance. Growing up, you heard all these stories. To hear them from the man himself, truly amazing’

Anthony Weaver: ‘I want my guys to feel like Superman on the field. We’re not going to boast or brag’

Anthony Weaver on J.J. Watt: J.J. playing a full 16-plus is critical for our defense. He draws an incredible amount of attention from an offense. Him being out there is huge for a defense.’

Anthony Weaver on Lonnie Johnson Jr @Lonnie30johnson ‘I think he’s a corner.’

Anthony Weaver on Lonnie Johnson: ‘I expect him to make a jump here in Year 2’ @Lonnie30johnson

On 3rd down defense: "I think schematically we will be more exotic. So that offenses can’t pinpoint where players will be."

"Schematically it’s created a level of excitement amongst the group"

8. conquistador#11

Congratulations to the Weaver on taking the Bengals to the AFC championship in 2022 in his second year as head coach.
    We lost in the divisional, failed to make adjustments and held leads in the 4th qtr, both against the Ravens and Chiefs. It's all good as B'ob was extended through 2030.

#1408 conquistador#11, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Pringles likes this.
  9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well shite .. c'mon COVIDS19, take me now.

Pringles and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Nook, Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. conquistador#11

was not aware this gem existed.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Charitable and giving?

Nook likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gonna give themselves another corny nickname, wear letterman jackets, go out & get destroyed/embarrass themselves. :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

lmao

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

that was a solid front.

17. Fantasma Negro

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Well it's pretty easy to see he's going to be a HC candidate in another year or two. I liked a lot of what he said, but the MJ quote was important. That's essentially the way I grew up playing sports, keep your mouth shut and focus on kicking their ass. Weaver's demeanor is refreshing and the polar opposite to Tea Pot. I'm really excited to see a more exotic and aggressive defense. The rules have evolved in a way, that playing defense is tougher every year. He's getting two really tough and different offenses in Weeks 1&2--I pray he's ready for those chess masters.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

Weaver may have a slight advantage in that neither KC nor BAL will have seen his schemes in the first two weeks. Could've been a lot worse to face KC and BAL later in the season.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LOL so all you have to do to get free tickets to the Texans game is to spend an afternoon making a football stadium with legos? It's not even that detailed and who wants to bet the father did most of the work. That's well worth the return on investment for a free international trip from the UK to Texas and free football tickets for a family of 4.