1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm truly baffled here. I was building on @gucci888's point - that they have let too many good players leave and the team is now suffering directly because of it. They let good defensive players leave (or were forced out); they let good OL leave (or were forced out). And now, we need better defensive players and OLmen.

That's it. That was the post. The Texans front office is bad.

2. csj

csj Member

Then you should probably explain what you meant by "...it's probably just a coincidence...". It's not a coincidence but a consequence, after all if a team replaced a lost player successfully then that wouldn't have been used as an example.

I understand the point being made, but you're trying to suggest there is some other failure of the team as well. When a playoff-caliber team regresses, it is because talent is lost without replacement and it is that talent that becomes a team need.

raining threes likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are a BIGGER IDIOT.
    And you MISSED the point of my post. He claims Coaching Candidates wouldn't want to come here, and you just proved my point. READING COMPREHENSION is something you were out sick for in school, wasn't it? Because the McNair give Coaches and GM's time, that is EXACTLY WHY the Texans are attractive to those candidates. GM's and Coaches want time to implement their plans......

BTW.....Kiss my BLACK ASS. I couldn't care less about your opinion of my post.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

......... Because it's most definitely *NOT* a coincidence. I thought that was fairly obvious?...

No. My point is that they've made poor personnel decisions at key positions and, hey, whaddya know?! Those are the positions that need the most attention.

I'm done explaining/discussing an otherwise innocuous post you seem hell-bent to turn into something... else. What, I have no idea.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? I'M RUBBER, YOU'RE GLUE! WHATEVER YOU SAY BOUNCES OFF ME AND STICKS TO YOU1!!!!!!1!!!!

Awww...bless your little heart. You know...my own fault for engaging with you. I knew I wouldn't get a post that wouldn't be some attack with name calling like a child. If you couldn't care less, why the personal attack? Did I call you a name?

Act like a child...get treated like a child.

#485 leroy, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. csj

csj Member

And I'd say you're hell-bent on serving your own ego, and I think you do have an idea.

Let's look at this another way. Would you use, as an example, the QB position? Is that a case where good talent was lost and not replaced? No? Is it a position of need? No? Coincidence? No. Are you going to choose a position that is not one of need as an example? Of course not.

You offer plenty of insight, but this is not that. Furthermore, while these particular observations are true, they are just anecdotes that every team has. That you think there is some deeper meaning is, frankly, lame. The Texans draft and develop players inadequately, that's clear. Every team has attrition; bad teams fail to backfill, simple as that. BOB inherited a talented team and is making it less so. Why? That's the interesting question.

The real problem as I see it is that BOB doesn't work on improving himself in HIS role. Instead, he puts his effort into doing jobs other than his own. As head coach, it's his job to recognize and develop coaching talent and to make his coaching staff better in their jobs. We see really none of that. In-game management is poor because he's not prepared as a head coach. He's a good coach, like Kubiak, but like Kubiak, not a good head coach nor is he becoming one.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And yet, again, my the substance of the post is not refuted because you know it is true.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What's the point in responding to the small part of your post that wasn't a personal attack? You're going to call me an idiot, stick to your guns (right or wrong), and then call me some other name when I did none of the same. I get it. It's your schtick.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...nice excuse. Since you know it was right.

10. Fantasma Negro

I hope we sign Antonio Brown

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

He might like getting that other ring better if he ever gets the chance haha.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Nook

Nook Member

Wow... the oldest partner in my firm just said: “Jesus Christ. That JJ Watt is the size of a damn bear. Looks like a grizzly. Young buck like that with steroids coursing through his veins. I bet he broke that poor little girls hips and tail bone. No doubt she won’t be able to work for a couple weeks. Good for JJ, he picked a good one.”

WTF

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

#495 J.R., Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

bye reader

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Great news for BoB.

Doesn't matter Brian, limped into the Playoffs at 10-7 and the 7th seed. I have my extension ready to be signed from McNair Brian.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Am I the only here that thinks we should cut Watt?