1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That 4th down was so stupid you might as well take Watson out and let him rest.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Garbage defense scheme by Crennel

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That clearly hits the ground

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Didn't say any angle where it did.

6. Mr. Space City

God damnit, unsticky this old ass thread.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We gave that game away with those 2 interceptions in the end. Today the Texans were fakers. A typical Texans fashion letdown.

Two weeks from now we will be back on our road to the SuperBowl.

Nimo likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing. No confidence to air it out until its panic time and too little too late. Panic, interception mania.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

The real reason they lost was all the penalties, the slow start by the offense (again), the battered and awful secondary, and the ref calls not going their way. The first interception was bad by Watson all on him; but we've praised him and Mahommes for making throws across their body like that. Totally missed Desir when he threw that. The second one was a fluke. Keke couldn't hold on to it and it bounced right into the hands of the LB.

They've got to figure out what's going on with the penalties, get started on offense quicker for crying out loud and go get some help for the DBs.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah all that typical bad Texans stuff. Start out slow and conservative and way too many penalties. Seems like they need better practices between games. One week we look great, then back to fakers. Ugh, it is so frustrating. I think that last intercerception was thrown too high for little Keke. He isn't Hopkins. Losing Fuller makes a difference too. Problem is, will Fuller ever stay healthy for a season? He and his injury proneness have been such a repeated part of every season. I can't imagine having some of those players who go years without missing a game. We are lucky if we have guys last 2 months without a game off for some kind of issue.

Oh well, maybe next week. In the mean time we better be on the lookout for somebody else to come in at cornerback. Injuries or not, we have gotten worse and worse the last couple years in our secondary. I guess we get what we pay for, but we can't just let teams make completions so easily the rest of the season and expect to win a SuperBowl. Anything less is just another losing year.

Nimo likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm sure I'm mis-remembering, but I feel like early in the BillyO tenure the problem wasn't as much slow starts as the inability to make half-time adjustments.

If there's one positive to take away then, maybe he's finally figured out how to make in game adjustments???

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Who knows. All I do know is that I never know which team will show up on any given week. Fantastic to fakers to looking good and back to disappointing. It's like watching the Rockets sometimes, when they go from hot behind the arc to slow and sluggish bricklayers.

The most predictable thing about the Texans I notice every week is that we almost always run on first down and we seldom have a decent kickoff return. That, and Hopkins is almost always listed as limited to no participation for practice on the injury report. Last, but certainly not least, Fuller is as predictable as it gets with his inability to stay healthy.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bill O had a better oline early in his tenure because he didn't have time ruin it with his gm moves