1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Chiefs 10/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

3:25 on CBS Announcers are Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

2. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

A Texan win and a Colts loss (vs Broncos) would open the door for a season-changing week 9 game vs Indy @ Reliant.

KC can be run on. Have to get a lead and force Smith to throw. Their pass protection is average at best. If we run as effectively as we did vs the Rams, but minimize turnovers and penalties, this is a completely winnable game.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I believe we have a real shot with another QB...not saying it has to be Keenum, but it has to be someone outside of #8 or #13

4. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Change of note from the Schaub bashing

How is DJ Swearinger doing? Im too noob to tell if he is performing well, at expectations or below?

He seems 'meh' to me. Is that the normal response to a typical 3rd round pick?

5. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Anyone know the over/under for this game and where I could put some money down? I've never done it before.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a bust so far for being a second round pick. He plays behind Keo. KEO!

8. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Aquarterback change is not the answer people. Did you not watch the last game? This team is BAD right now. Numerous changes in decision making need to be made, not player personel.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's not not the answer, either.

I heard this refrain during the Carr era. That the whole team was so bad in other facets, it didn't matter if you changed out Carr or not.

Bottom line, can the QB position be improved? What do you risk or have to lose by trying something different?

If you MIGHT be better at QB with a different option, you try it. Schaub hasn't played well enough to warrant status quo for the sake of status quo. The status quo has you at 2-4 right now...and with the 3rd worst point differential in all of football. You make changes where you can...where you think they MIGHT bring improvement.

Does that solve all your problems? Of course not. But you don't avoid attempting to improve one facet of the game simply because it doesn't improve all facets.

10. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

You shouldn't even use the word bust when discussing a player six games in. And Yes, I understand you said "so far"...

11. MadMax

I've been disappointed in him.

I was never thrilled with letting Glover walk (apparently the Texans never even bothered calling him). I was never thrilled with Ed Reed signing. And I never bought into the idea that a rookie would be ready to anchor a Super Bowl caliber defense -- the kind of defense you'd need to win a Super Bowl with the QB you have -- while Reed was laid up in a nursing home. I think that whole thing was handled rather poorly for a team trying to win now.

12. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

It should be noted that Yates hasn't played well enough to warrant a change, either. Keenum seems to be the X factor. We need to see what he has before I'll be fully convinced Schaub needs to go or stay put until the end of the year. As of right now, I think Schaub represents our best chance at making the playoffs. That's not a compliment of Schaub as much as it is lack of confidence in what is behind him.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Because this vanilla-ass franchise sucks. I'm glad the NFL is back in Houston, but they have already **** away the only decent run they've had as a franchise and I would really enjoy some blackouts next year if they continue on the same course. But they'll keep getting their sellouts becuase the fanbase is still scarred from the Oilers debacle that we'll support them whatever they do. J was right on the money about being more optimistic and excited about the 2014 Astros than this so-called team called the Texans.

Chiefs 41
    Texans 9

14. MadMax

He reminds me of that all too often.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Case era begins.

16. MadMax

To me that's a whole different analysis..and you may be right. Maybe you don't make a change because you still believe Schaub is better.

But you don't avoid change simply because you think improving that position, alone, won't improve the whole team, so why bother.

17. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

We win if Case starts 27-24.

18. MadMax

I can damn near guarantee you that Case will not be the starter for this game. :)

19. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Then we lose 24-9

20. MadMax

sounds about right :)