1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did they say this?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The article focuses on mostly internal issues like voter suppression and things like Trump sowing insecurity.

On outside influences it basically says they are always trying and we should worry. It doesn't say we shouldn't be confident in security

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see you are going with 'We should worry' being vastly different from 'we shouldn't be confident.' LOL

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not worrying would be arrogant overconfidence. There is worrying and there is belief in the system. Because you believe its safe doesn't mean shouldn't worry

Edit: he is speaking as a cog in the security system

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Okay

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The other idiot son: if it's what you said I love it!

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its sad that people have to label each other depending on a position on a topic. My opinion of this whole issue is completely independent of Trump.

I started that other thread because i believe people have been led to believe Trump could not have won without Russian inteference. The Democrats in shock ran away off on the topic

Russia has been a thorn in the side on issues like Georgia, Ukraine, etc since Putin returned to power. That being said all the talk about how they are enemies as if its the Cubn missile crisis or they can mind control us is over the top and dangerous

WNBA likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They are enemies. What's dangerous is not taking the threat seriously.

No Worries likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its not the threat. Its ratcheting up the talk of them being mortal enemies thats dangerous

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Putin views the US as an enemy. He wants to weaken our alliances, lessen our influence, create unrest within the United States.

We should guard against that and be weary of Russia. We should continue to damage their economy until they change their tune.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Putin is gonna die one day just like all of us. He has truly been in power for 20 years. What damage has he done here?

That being said its the rhetoric

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He's murdered journalists, violated sovereign territory of our closest ally Great Britain injuring/killing political opponents and innocent bystanders as well. Putin has attempted and possibly undermined our democracy. He has succeeded somewhat in his goal to weaken our alliances with the help of the Trump tool he is using like a master, but that doesn't seem hard to do.

He managed to get out of nuclear treaties which helped to keep him in check more. The list goes on and on.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Our democracy hasn't been undermined by anyone. A perfect example of my point. Nothing you've listed has done any damage to us

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well I'm not going to waste my time anymore. This says all I need to know about your take.

No Worries likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You dont understand the vastness of a claim of undermining our democracy. Especially since the undermining is fake web sites.

cml750 likes this.
  16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He's not a moron though, unlike say, many a ny times opinion columnist

He knows that whoever he's seen to support will get negative press

But he also knows after 2016, that even a minor amount of seeming influence will be blown up into an extinction level event.

So what does he do?

He throws mud at random, knowing they'll be treated like nuclear missiles, sits back and laughs at the self inflicted carnage, and he'll continue to do so until people start treating it like the buzzing fly it is, annoying but inconsequential and not the coronavirus.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Russian interference before the 2016 general elections wasn't news yet. Before It became news, I could see Putin backing Trump specifically for Trump being a useful idiot rather than him just trying to muddy the American political process.

But now that its common knowledge, I believe his motive is to muddy the waters.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He isn't an idiot. He knows that protections of our election have been reduced and blocked by the President and the GOP. He knows that the President will believe him over United States intelligence agencies and that he can do pretty much what he wants without fear of repercussions. He knows that his gains in weakening our alliances, and Sanctions against Russia could disappear without Trump.

He will do what he can to help him get elected again. If some of it is discovered it will only sow more division within the United States. It's a win/win for him.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I will give you this...

I do believe Trump would have won even if Russia did not interfere.... It wasn't because they loved or liked Trump, it was because they hated Hillary just that much and i'm talking about Democrats.

T_Man