1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Texanstradamus

When they fire O’Brien

2. Texanstradamus

Texans give coaches too much rope I mean like 3 seasons should be enough to know what he is about the problem is he had crap divisions to win so they settled one good thing is ain’t no more of that u gonna need 11-12 wins to win this division going forward so any back tracking he will be gone

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Was about to post this.

Only ONE game was a blowout this weekend.

Good News is O'Brien WILL be fired.

Bad News is not until 2020 mid-season, earliest.

buffalobills!!! and Caesar like this.
  4. Texanstradamus

I’m kind of annoyed no one in the secondary knocked TY silly just from the clown and twitter mocking I wouldn’t even had cared about the 15 yard penalty I just realized that

Houstunna, buffalobills!!! and lw17 like this.
  5. Texanstradamus

Justin Reid might be the only one who would have but whatever I don’t want Kareem back Joseph maybe have to be the 3rd corner I don’t want

If it comes down to tyrann and Kareem I don’t know who to choose both didn’t do much to close out the season tyrann is younger that’s the only advantage

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Texans offense scored 30 against those Eagles. If the Bears offense had scored 30 today, they would have won easily.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

so every other WC game was a one score game except Texans

embarrassing

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

the texans have the worst o-line in the nfl. they need to free up some money to spend it there.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You guys can keep saying the Texans have the worst O line in the NFL, it won't make it true. They had the worst O line in the NFL in 2017, they didn't in 2018.

That said, yes, they still need to add an OT and maybe a guard.....but that's not the reason they struggled.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

This was a playoff game against a divisional rival. We played them twice before. We knew what they were going to do, and we couldn't do anything to stop them. There is no reason why we shouldn't have been ready for them. That's on coaching.

mikol13, Bobbythegreat and Hey Now! like this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When your best individual defenders (on your supposed dominant side of the ball) are getting pancaked at the line, or committing penalties, allowing Luck to be as comfortable as any QB in the playoffs in terms of dropping back... the outcome was not all that surprising.

12. Chilly_Pete

This was a playoff game against a divisional rival. We played them twice before. We knew what they were going to do, and we couldn't do anything to stop them. There is no reason why we shouldn't have been ready for them. That's on coaching.
    I am not sure if you are saying that's on the talent or the coaching?

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don’t think they were underprepared based on what they know how to do.

They just couldn’t do anything. That’s why line strength should never be underrated or ignored, especially when you have a valuable QB asset.

No Worries likes this.
  14. Chilly_Pete

Going in I thought we had a pretty good line, at least against the run. We have good pass rushers in 99, 90, and 59 but the Indianapolis OL was better.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Was referring to O-line strength.

A great O-line can stop all sorts of talented pass-rushers, just like a great cohesive defense can shut down any dynamic offense.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Was referring to O-line strength.

A great O-line can stop all sorts of talented pass-rushers, just like a great cohesive defense can shut down any dynamic offense.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luck doesn't even have to get comfortable in the pocket with his quick release. That's one thing Watson needs to work on.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Luck doesn't even have to get comfortable in the pocket with his quick release. That's one thing Watson needs to work on.

19. Chilly_Pete

Sorry I thought you were talking about the Defense.

20. Damion Laverne

It's almost as if the Texans' D-Line is a limited volleyball team offensively--great at the pins (edge rushers), but with underwhelming middle blockers (interior linemen).