1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am talking about the state of Israel, and many of its supporters, all of which shouldn't be immune from criticism. And yeah the state of Israel is still acting like a mix of Nazi Germany and South Africa. I am obviously not saying they are literally Nazis in an exact sense so argue that they aren't nazis all you want because yeah they are not nazis. They are just acting like it in the sense that they are walling off minorities into ghettos, treating them like second-class citizens, and violently suppressing them. Their actions mirror this perfectly and show a deep widespread and accepted hypocrisy. Thus the comparison.

#581 dachuda86, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because you disagree and/or are faking being offended. Got it.

3. foh

foh Member

This similar to you calling a raging maniac a fascist just because he seems to be politically motivated.

You simply don't accuse people of being nazis because of the huge weight of that type of accusation..

Unless, of course, you are on alt-right forum, which apparently you might frequent based on your references posted here.

Identity politics are used because they are powerful and get results. If you don't like them, you should join a MAGA party.

I'm not going to convince you of anything, so I'm going to let you think what you think, but I promise you that you won't find anyone on here who'd be willing to put word "nazi" right next to Israeli state the way you did just now or in that cartoon you posted. You are welcome to prove me wrong.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You can talk about Israel and their illegal settlements all you want but don’t compare them to Nazis . It is further thing from the truth. If you want to talk about violent suppression it is the terrorist Hamas. Look no further what they do to their own people. Hamas are militant terrorist. Part of the reason they are somewhat popular in Gaza is due to the conflict in Gaza and the West Bank and illegal settlements. One thing is for sure they need a two state solution. Just too bad they don’t trust each other.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Calling people alt-right, which is like calling someone a nazi... very nice. Basically you're shooting your argument in the foot.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'll make that comparison for as long as they act it. Deal with it.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That’s the point Israel is not acting like Nazis. What are the Nazis mainly known for?

I know what you are trying to do. It is not the first time you have drawn false equivalencies I know given your family’s make up you have a bias against Israel. It is obvious in your posts.

8. foh

foh Member

I see that you ignored my dare. Good. You'd lose. I didn't realize alt-right was as bad as Nazi - are they planning on committing genocides too?

I didn't accuse your of being one of the alt-right. I simply inferred from your posts that you might be frequenting alt-right leaning forums. Maybe you are a curious soul. Good for you if you are not.

dachuda86 and AleksandarN like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I really don't care if people here, or in other places, agree or disagree... I don't judge my opinions on whether or not they are popular.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They are known for wonderful "literacy programs" - Bernie Sanders.... (joke... this is a joke... labeling this because people here like to take things out of context routinely)

But seriously, I see similarities between Israel's actions and the Nazis which is shocking considering they were in the shoes of the abused minority not even a 100 years ago getting shoved into ghettos. That's all I was getting at man. The comparison is necessary and prudent because of their past history WITH the nazis and it points out hypocrisy. This is one of the few times you need to make that comparison in order to make that point. It's not like I just chose nazis for a random reason.

Are they not forced to live in poverty and in ghettos? Are they not abused? Are they not walled off?

And they are an Apartheid state just like South Africa. Are they not?

11. foh

foh Member

The point of forums is to try to come to an understanding or share a common emotion. Let's be honest, no Copernicus types would come here to voice their profound takes.

It sounds like you just enjoy hearing yourself talk. That's also a popular reason to come to a forum, but it's painful for me to talk to people who are not open to finding a common ground. I'm going to put you on ignore.

Sorry to play a part in derailing this thread, talking about nazis instead of Bloomberg.

jiggyfly and dachuda86 like this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is the ultimate sign of winning an argument... enjoy your full retreat.

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It is more complex than that and yes there is check points mainly because of terrorism. Like I said both have done things that are not acknowledged that. Yet you have not. Your bias is clearly shown. A two state solution is what both sides(the people) wants.

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I won’t put you on ignore because trust me I will call you on your crap every time I see it. Btw because you annoy people doesn’t mean you win. Just means you are annoying. So enjoy your so called “victory”. I bet barely no one else thinks that on the forum.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Identity politics where just co-opted by the MAGA crowd, Trump jumped in with both feet and elbows on identity politics.

It's might be the most hypocritical thing the right has done with Trump.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This guy.

I thought you did not care and yet you are celebrating a supposed internet victory.

You showed him real good.

AleksandarN likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Geez, I was staying out of yall's slap fight. But I'm with @dachuda86 on this one.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. foh

foh Member

Ok... Did you notice that he later added apartheid of South Africa to dilute the offensiveness of his original comparison? Do you know why he did that? Because even he thought that comparing Israel to nazi wasn't an apt comparison.

Please add more than a "like" if you decide to take a stand/side

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I think we need to start a thread on Israel and leave this thread to Michael Bloomberg.

Back on topic. Anyone see his town hall yesterday? I think he did great; a lot better than his debates.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. foh

foh Member

Did he talk about stop and frisk issue at the town hall?

Another article about it on NBC today. It's pretty convincing in terms of Bloomberg not being very flexible or pragmatic in regards to the issue:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...liminated-stop-frisk-mayor-he-fought-n1144266

The more it gets publicity the more people will question his priorities in the case which seems to be a 12 year long case of stubborn preference for a racist policy that was not even proven to be instrumental in fixing the NYC murder rate issue