1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Biden is there because of reputation and goodwill. We who know better know he's a gaff machine. The term "Biden Gaffs" didn't come from nowhere.

The thing is Hillary was always buttoned up and incredibly diplomatic, and would probably kill it in an interview like this, but she had a crappy reputation which killed her on election night with people just staying home cause they didn't like her and certainly didn't trust her. Biden has an opportunity to make all the gaff's and stupid comments in the world, and still POTENTIALLY go into November with a large amount of trust and goodwill to help win.

But yes this one was bad. He needs to come out quick and apologize. Be clear that he has no right as a white man to comment on someones blackness or whatever. I think he'll be easily forgiven if he does that which is something Trump would never do.

The choice voters made during Super Tuesday was a gamble that Biden could hold onto that reputation and goodwill throughout this process and that meaned more than putting trust in an unknown person like Buttiegieg, or Bernie who would be a risk of losing the suburban districts that the Democrats won in 2018. Biden was a gamble for sure, but at the time around Super Tuesday, it made sense to me to go ahead, and give him my vote.

We'll see how Biden does... don't F it up Joe. Today was not a good start to the homestretch.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish trump would apologize and show humility sometimes. I dont know why he doesnt. He is just too arrogant.

TheresTheDagger, B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet again why Joe Biden shouldn't be going on the attack.. Leave it to the people like the Lincoln Project..

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he can.. He essentially apologized over the "Grab em by the p***y" tape only to withdraw it and even claim that it was faked. He also started to apologize over "good people on both sides" statement only to back off of his apology.

I think it just isn't in his pysche to apologize or show humility.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, and I have to think there is some kind of deep insecurity to be so thin-skinned. As Howard Stern basically said in 2016, (based on years of interviews with the dude), president in a free country seems like the worst job for someone who can't stand criticism.

I just don't see how arrogance alone leads someone to lash out at every critic. Arrogant people who are also confident don't GAF (or not this much) about criticism.

RayRay10, Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Biden gonna Biden. If he doubles down, let's all hope he builds authenticity with the voters rather than disgusting Old White privilege.

Maybe in This Era of That Guy, it really is both for some voters...

You are trying to give humanizing characteristics to something that isn't there.

Would you like to own a baby tiger?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

What in the **** was that? Where is the respect? What about school choice, what about investing in small businesses?

Charlemagne: What can you do for the black community?

Presidential Candidate Joe Biden: I'll give you weed and take no responsibility for my crime bill. Black people always vote for me, check my record, black people always vote for democrats AND IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU AIN'T BLACK!!!

Love the diction by the way. None of that diction in this debacle of a follow up

Great work keeping up with the teleprompter Joe. Free covid treatment? What about free cancer treatment? Smh Free college education under $100,00 **** you if you worked hard and have multiple children smh. Create jobs by building charging stations for cars driven by 2.1% of the population and building new highways for less cars because millions of cars will be removed due to the investment into rail, so basically waste smh. Someone get Joe an economics book, raising taxes on corporations will stifle economic growth smh.

Look at my record, I will beat Joe Biden. - Joe Biden.

So democrat fans, who do you want to see Joe replaced with at the convention? I think an Andrew Cuomo and Tulsi ticket could check a lot of boxes and bring some fresh air to the dnc

Astrodome likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

You Trumpers getting real nervous?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

I'm an independent. I love Tulsi but I don't think she's ready for the big chair. Cuomo checks all the boxes and has shown he's not hive minded. I don't think Joe will make it to the election, I was being genuine. Stop being so damn triggered

Astrodome likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Uh huh..... you’re the one who got triggered and had to post a video and your opinion about Biden.

Cant handle a response?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Fantasma Negro

Take is easy, I enjoy a good laugh. I watched the breakfast club video and then I watch the cnbc interview while commenting. Bro politicians are all the same, I'm laughing at both sides, democrats are just easier because they try so hard when the answers are so simple. This **** is a ****ing sitcom

13. NewRoxFan

As opposed to his opponent, Biden is genuine and recognizes when he errs and apologizes.

14. Fantasma Negro

QUOTE="NewRoxFan, post: 12959463, member: 3523"][/QUOTE]
    They don't teach reading much where you're from I see

#1954 Fantasma Negro, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  15. dmoneybangbang

Calm down. Take a chill pill, you’re in hysterics.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Penn Jillette talked about his time with Trump from The Apprentice. Said that Trump would get legitimately riled up if some rando wrote a blog about a Trump business deal being bad. He would argue against that guy to the contestants on the show off camera, and the contestants would be like "uhhh.... Ok."

FWIW Penn also said that the Trumps were pretty nice, but weird. Said he interacted with them as if they were animals in a zoo exhibit. Trump Jr mistook this, at the time, as Penn liking the Trump family.

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Who gives a damn about playing political games right now? This election is about removing the most vile, despicable human being to ever hold the title of President of the United States, Donald Trump.

The only way that happens is by supporting the Democratic nominee because no independent party candidate will get enough support to defeat Trump.

I don’t think Biden is a great candidate by any means, but it’s #AnyonebutTrump for me.

18. NewRoxFan

They don't teach reading much where you're from I see[/QUOTE]

Were you trying to quote me? But never mind... I wouldn't admit to being a trump supporter either...

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is being genuine?

Presidential Candidate Joe Biden: I'll give you weed and take no responsibility for my crime bill. Black people always vote for me, check my record, black people always vote for democrats AND IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR ME YOU AIN'T BLACK!!!

You are the only one being triggered in this thread.

20. Fantasma Negro

Bro how are you not on the floor laughing at this **** lol