1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Actually I still can’t decide. I’m going to the polls today but I hate how difficult this decision is. I know it’s down to Joe, Amy and Pete for me. Biden is the most well-rounded imo and if he was 4 years younger and livelier this would be much easier. Pete is the best orator and campaigns about the same way I would if I were running for office, but he’s also very young with no national or even state-wide experience. Amy has a great balance of experience and pragmatism, but she did rather poorly at the last debate and lets herself get rattled.

this is an extremely hard choice for me.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Major

Major Member

FWIW, Amy seems like she has no real shot at anything at this point and she's far more likely to be the next dropout than Biden/Pete. If your goal is to avoid Bernie/Bloomberg, helping Biden or Pete is probably your best route to that.

Alternatively, wait until election day and see if anyone drops out in the meantime (maybe a bad Biden performance in South Carolina or something). That would let you use your vote wherever it could be most helpful.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I took off work today to give myself an extra day to study for the Tennessee bar exam next week. I’ll be back in AR and off work next Friday too, so I may wait until then. The thing is, Amy could turn it around during the SC debate next week. This thing is so wide-open and you don’t have the Obama-ish candidate who is the clear visionary. Sanders is the only one with a clear path to nomination but I would only rank him above Bloomberg in the Jayzers_100 hiearchy.

I’ll probably give it another week. Lol

CometsWin and Major like this.
  4. Major

Major Member

Yeah, the longer you can reasonably wait, probably the best. I like Amy, but I think her problem is that she didn't hit her stride until way too late. Even if she does well in NV/SC (unlikely), she doesn't have money or any kind of campaign infrastructure in any Super Tuesday states. I just don't even see what her plan is. At least Pete had money last year so he started putting together some infrastructure and ground game personnel (not nearly as much as Bernie/Bloomberg or even Warren, though). And Biden, I'm assuming, has some just from being in the top tier for so long.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Things can change quickly and I wouldn't base things on one debate performance. Remember a week ago people were talking about Klobuchar was surging. After one poor debate performance now she's going to drop out?

I have been won over by Klobuchar but I'm not all in on her. If I had to vote today it would be for her but thankfully I still have two weeks to decide.

RayRay10, joshuaao and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah in my gut she’s probably the most reasonable choice. Eager to see how Nevada votes tomorrow

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

He has literally turned into Forrest Gump except it’s all lies.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not even funny at this point, stop the fight.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Biden for Senate 2020.

mick fry likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

11. cml750

cml750 Member

The man is clearly losing his mind. I truly feel sorry for him. My apologies to @mick fry if one of your youtube videos shows the same thing. I am at work and youtube is blocked so I am unable to see what you posted.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

I understand brother some of us have to work for a living.;)

cml750 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why not this same energy when Trump says dumb **** every bit as bad as Biden?

It has not been funny since 2016 using this measure.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not going to hate on anyone's choice. Having my choice ridiculed the past 3 years has really made me take a step back and try to see different vantage points. I may make fun of the candidates here and there but if they earn your vote, then roll with it. We all have different priorities and that is great!

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't know if Biden having an issue screwing up facts really matters to me. It isn't that he believes some crazy wrong thing, he just gets things messed up in these debates.

Honestly, debates have no bearing on one's ability to govern.

Everyone has to decide for themselves on that I guess.

It does crack me up to see Trump fans deride Biden for screwing up basic facts unintentionally when Trump lies on the regular OR misstates things because he literally has no clue what he's talking about. No one ever heard of Ebola before Obama! Get a grip.

AleksandarN, Nook, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  16. HTM

HTM Member

I wouldn't give anyone a hard time for making errors while doing public speaking. Public speaking is hard. I get it. It really makes no difference to me unless a really substantial pattern emerges of someone being "off."

RayRay10, Major and jiggyfly like this.
  17. Major

Major Member

With Biden gaffes, there's always a question whether it's a public speaking issue, a stuttering issue (and getting flummoxed as a result), or a senility issue. I lean towards the first two, but it's impossible to really know for sure. Overall, he doesn't exhibit the symptoms you'd expect from senility - while he struggles to make his points at times, you can generally understand what he's trying to say.

FranchiseBlade and justtxyank like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right that's my point.

The more I've watched him the less I believe any of it is old age/senility. It doesn't appear he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Honestly the thing that bothers me the most about him is that he's decided he needs to yell to look energetic.

Nook, RayRay10, Major and 1 other person like this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Biden making a push

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-biden-surges-in-south-carolina/

After former Vice President Joe Biden finished second in the Nevada caucuses, someone at his post-election speech shouted out, “Comeback kid!” It seemed like an odd claim at the time — Biden finished more than 26 percentage points behind Sen. Bernie Sanders (going by county delegates). But based on the latest polls, Biden may indeed be experiencing a comeback in South Carolina, which votes on Saturday.

As Nevada went to the polls last Saturday, the FiveThirtyEight forecast considered Sanders the slight front-runner in South Carolina, with a 1 in 2 (46 percent) chance of winning it. It gave Biden a 2 in 5 (40 percent) chance. Since then, in a reminder of how fluid primaries can be, Biden’s chances have skyrocketed. As of Thursday at 5:38 p.m. Eastern (), Biden has a 14 in 15 (94 percent) chance of winning the Palmetto State, while Sanders’s odds are down to 1 in 20 (5 percent).

The first hint of Biden’s comeback came two days ago: Biden had only a small lead on Sanders in our South Carolina forecast at the time, but the first survey conducted entirely after Nevada, from Public Policy Polling, showed Biden up 15 points. At that point, the poll was an outlier. Well, not anymore. Since Wednesday, we’ve gotten six new polls of South Carolina, most of which have given Biden commanding leads.

More at the link

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

SC will be nice for Joe, but Joe is already 30 delegates behind Bernie, so even a great SC performance is unlikely to put him past Bernie, and super Tuesday looks like it will immediately distance Bernie out by over 125+ delegates (according to 538).

FranchiseBlade likes this.