1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

I've got a new campaign slogan for the former Obama VP.

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looks like Booker and Biden are doing that thing where they try to see who is the most not-racist. Very stupid. I guess it's the Dems' version of when the Repubs compete to see who will fellate the flag/military the most.

dachuda86 and B-Bob like this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Wonder why the media didnt push this 'Biden is a racist' agenda while he was vice president for 8 years? A total mystery....

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No one cares about the VP...

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes we know his opponent will never make unforced errors. Have to be perfect.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Who is pushing Biden is racist agenda?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you wouldn't vote for Joe for that reason alone. I disagree with Biden about any kind of threat from Iran. Biden isn't my choice first choice for a couple of reasons.

But if it was between Biden and Trump, one seems much less likely to take a position that leads to war with Iran than the other. It's the one you said you wouldn't vote for.

Would you vote for a third party candidate?

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd be in a hard place. With GA potentially becoming moving left, I'd have a tough choice. I don't want Biden due to age, past stances, and inappropriate responses. I've voted 3rd party the last 2 presidential elections, but there wasn't a question of which way my state was going either time.

I ultimately expect Harris to jump out front, but we'll see.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. My votes would be different if I was in a state that was in any way shape or form up in the air.

On a side note, I will say that I am actively campaigning for a Republican city councilman which is something I wouldn't have imagined. But I know him, his policy positions, and what he stands for. I think he would be good for Los Angeles. He is in a runoff election. I feel like his party is being held against him by uninformed voters.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Because it's not one. He didn't distinguish himself from "boys" when he was at the Naval Observatory; but he has now and it's getting reported.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because saying you will work with racists doesn't make you a racist?

It's not like he spreads videos from white nationalist or repeats there talking points like Trump (and some posters here) do.

foh likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Major

Major Member

Have you ever considered that this is the definition of opposition research and that it would make sense that opposing campaigns would find this? There's never been a previous time it was relevant for anyone to use against him.

Biden's never been a threat to win a Dem nomination before
    The GOP certainly can't use opposition to bussing or integration against anyone

So it simply never would have come up. I know you desperately need to believe in media bias for your worldview to make any sense, but it just isn't the case.

Deckard likes this.
  15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

^shhhh, don't bring logic into this. deep state, derp derp.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

NPR does oppo research? who they working for? Why is Joe Biden their opponent?

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao, Bidens the DNC and media's #1 pick. And even if he isn't (he definitely is though) who cares? They brought it up? Fantastic, he was ****ing wrong as hell to support that and the public deserves to know who he is. Can't use the "it's old" excuse, he won't even apologize for it or denounce what he did, he just makes excuses ffs.

Do you know who else is old as **** and has been into politics for a super long time? Bernie. Does Bernie have videos of him opposing bussing because hey, he's an old white guy and it was the just the norm for the time? No, actually, we have the opposite, pictures of him fighting for desegregation of schools with his feet CHAINED to fellow African Americans in protest. I'll post that pic again for like the 3rd time on this forum, because it's legendary, and people should see the difference in character between a guy like Biden and Bernie.

[​IMG]

#317 ThatBoyNick, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. foh

foh Member

Damn.. It is 1975 and his quote make it sound like he was looking for a compromise - I'm sure he was on a look out for his constituents and constituents at the time may not have been as progressive as now. We have top politicians shown to lie unabashedly and say unconstitutional things but now they want to nail somebody for their views half a century ago. Al Franken is probably sending Biden his condolences right about now. I hope Biden finds a way to address this convincingly without looking weak. Can't look weak even a little bit if you plan on taking on Trump and his base - who seem to get energized through reality TV entertainment

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

If Pence recorded an interview with NPR talking about busing, no chance it remains concealed during the 2016 campaign (far sooner, in fact).

Biden ran for POTUS multiple times and was the VP.

There is a small window during an open Democratic primary where journalists do their jobs (depending on who they want to get the nomination).

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member