1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just not true at all. Look at the difference in the base of support.

When one leader makes gaffs and ignorant statements one side demands apology, asks for serious change in behavior, and asks for investigations on more serious matters to determine if serious matters are serious enough to determine if replacement is warranted.

If all checks out we move on.

-The other side of the country applauds and cheers on the bad behavior, gets angry at the other side of the country, and makes up bizarre conspiracy theories to make sense in their mind that they are under attack by lizard people.

So please take your whataboutism nonsense and shove it.

Invisible Fan, TheFreak, Nook and 5 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

They are not comparable.

Joe Biden telling a black man he isn’t black if he supports Donald Trump isn’t a huge deal. Over 90% of black people voted against Donald Trump. The numbers among all black people (not just those that voted) are even more anti-Trump.

It isn’t like he said black people are from “sh1thole countries”.

3. Fantasma Negro

88% ain't over 90 and when you put into context that black Americans account for 13% of the population, you see how worthless the black voting is now. Joe Biden challenging racial authenticity based on political affiliation isn't a big deal because the black vote doesn't matter

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... you are quibbling over 88% or 90%? And... you actually wrote "you see how worthless the black voting is now." ?? SMH...

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

What have black people gained from the government besides government assistance in the last 30 years?

B@ffled and generalthade_03 like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

RayRay10 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

I genuinely appreciate the respect Nook

Nook likes this.
  8. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

More and more black people are walking away bro. The Dems have done diddly squats for black people the past 50 years except lip service come election times.
    #WalkAway

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I always thought that Al Franklin would have been the best choice a couple of years ago. Water under the bridge I guess.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Nvm

#2010 AleksandarN, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Why walk when you can jog?

generalthade_03 likes this.
  12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Walk away...and vote for republicans? Lol what? There’s no question that American politics has work to do to catch up to more progressive European nations. There should always be pressure on democrats to fulfill expectations; but they’re at least the party opening up the dialogue and have a liberal wing that actively fights for minority rights. What does Trump do? Talk about s**thole countries and just tell a black audience “you’ve got nothing to lose by voting for me”? How inspiring.

RayRay10, baller4life315 and Nook like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Genuinely curious here.

What are positive traits of Biden besides him being less racist than Trump and less dumb than Trump which are very low bars?

If those are the only two qualifications needed, then around 250 million Americans are qualified intellectually to be president.

Ya, we all know Tara Reade is not a trustworthy source. It seems all the defense behind Biden is discrediting other people rather than explaining why he's a good candidate. I notice on any segment on Biden on networks such as CNN and NPR, when they explain the black community's affinity towards Biden, they only can come up with "Obama chose him as a VP". That's it. That is all the analysis there is when someone tries to answer "why do black people like Biden". It seems so vapid and trivial.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted this in the 2020 Presidential election thread but will restate it again here.

Biden has promised to appoint a black woman to the USSC. That is huge and is not a promise I can recall any major candidate making. On top of that Biden is considering several black women as a possible VP candidate. At the minimum we are very likely to see several black people in Biden's cabinet.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the ability to be a politician with a set of principles but with the trait of humility and the ability to change throughout the years is a great trait in a president. Being in the Obama admin really was a test for Biden’s malleability. A lot changed in those years not because of Obama necessarily but the world just got more open and accepting.

Biden being from that older generation but jumping in to fight for gay marriage etc. puts confidence in voters like me that he has good judgement and sees things in the notion of what is right at the moment. Of course having that judgement has its downside too on judgement calls in the moment that turn out to be the wrong call like the crime bill, but he’s a guy that’ll undo his own legislation if it’s the incorrect policy for the times.

So I guess that’s a long winded way of saying his malleability and humility are traits I think are positive. It shows that they are good listeners too. In regards to leadership Soft Skills, Biden is basically the opposite of Trump and many other politicians. Even someone like Ted Cruz lacks these soft skills quite obviously.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

I think his malleability is 100% for political expediency rather than from introspective growth.

To me someone who has consistent principles and was right from the beginning from Iraq to Wall Street regulation is more trustworthy.

It just seems like Biden's pitch here is that he's friends with politicans unlike Bernie which doesn't really resonate well with middle America.

#2016 fchowd0311, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  17. fchowd0311

Oh so straight up identity politics pandering. Seems pretty vapid to me.

Now imagine if Trump's pitch to black America was that he hired black people like Ben Carson to his cabinet? None of us would give two *****. We need to apply the same standards.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not just appointments. Biden is pushing for expansion of the ACA including to separate health insurance from employment. He is pushing for to address sentencing disparities and the problem with mandatory sentencing that many black leaders have complained says disproportionately affects blacks and other minorities. He's pushing for raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour.

Also a USSC appointment isn't something that is vapid. Why would McConnell take the extraordinary steps that he has if USSC appointments weren't important.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

I think it gives an inside perspective of how Biden views Black people. It creates the perception that he thinks they are a hive mind entity.

20. fchowd0311

All these things are baseline things that every Democrat candidate was pitching or even more in the cases of Warren and Bernie especially when it comes to healthcare.

The ideal ACA system still has the systemic underlying flaws with our health care model where insurance is for profit and is still attached to their employer for most people which does things such as stagnate entrepreneurship and wage growth.