1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Of the current slate, I believe Warren polls worst of all versus Trump one-on-one, and that makes sense.

I supported Klobuchar as well but then switched my main support to Yang recently. (Clearly, I am into doomed, irrelevant candidates.)

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

looks like a winning plan

Warren plans to hike Social Security benefit $200 per month
    by
    taxing the top 2%
    She says her proposal would pull some 4.9 million seniors out of poverty and extend solvency of the perennially underfunded Social Security trust fund by 19 years.

The proposal, Warren said, would lead to a nearly 25% increase in benefits for the bottom half of earners and a less than 5% increase for people in the top 10% of income distribution in the U.S.

“We need to get our priorities straight,” said Warren, touting her plan in a Medium post as the biggest boost to Social Security in nearly 50 years. “We should be increasing Social Security benefits and asking the richest Americans to contribute their fair share to the program.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ecurity-200-per-month-taxing-rich/2294876001/

dobro1229 likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I favor reducing the elderly homeless by 4.9 million seniors. Sounds good.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

By STEALING from actual hardworking people!?!? ******* commie filth.

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah I really thought she would be pushing Biden by now.

She just never got a spark.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Sanders is going to be almost 80. He need to make sure he survives long enough to be sworn in.

Dude is one shitty parent not vaccinating their child away from getting a William Henry Harrison cold and not making it.

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Liz putting in serious work -- big jump in the polls along with Biden -- both pulling away from the field.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is the thing with her track record. She was not favored to win in her run for Senate. She worked hard and her numbers kept going up until finally she won.

When she started this race her numbers were low. She's worked hard and come up with some detailed policies. Her numbers have been steadily on the rise.

She has a record outperforming expectations. That's a record I can trust along with her work in the Senate work. I believe that if nominated, she will continue to out perform expectations. The more people get to know her the better she does.

I think the scrutiny on Biden will expose the gaffes and open him up to criticism. Trump will hammer Biden on that. People that would go either way obviously don't care enough about Trump's about Trump's gaffes and lies.

Amiga, JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  10. biff17

biff17 Member

He is already being hammered on gaffes.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe she is 70.

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

True but it isn't having an effect thus far. Many people aren't paying too much attention with the dozens of Democrats currently running. That will change when it is only Trump and the Democratic candidate.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    You raise an excellent point. Her age is a source of growing concern. She is old, even for an elder of the tribal council.

GOOD DAY

KingCheetah likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Trump is 73...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    You are comparing apples to pears. Trump has the physical and mental characteristics of a man 20 years younger, by virtue of his past sexual exploits and being married to a model. Elizabeth Warren likely hasn't had sex in decades. Just look at how she dances and drinks beer.

GOOD DAY

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Mental characteristics of a man 20 years younger. HA!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Liz isn't pulling away from Bernie (not yet, but certainly anything is possible going forward). It seems a bit disingenuous to say Biden and Warren are pulling away from the field without including Sanders.

Both Liz and Bernia have been within 2.5 points of each other, exchanging leads numerous times since July. Considering the margin of error on polling, they have essentially been in a statistical tie for months.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Trump might have mental characteristics of someone 65 years younger.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Touche.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its a great point. However I would say that the one differentiator is its hard to see where Bernie can pickup new voters as part of a larger coalition. During the primaries, as folks like Buttiegieg, Beto, Harris, etc. drop out, do we see Bernie really being able to grab those voters instead of Biden or Warren? Just me personally, I find it harder to see happening, but I could be wrong. I love Bernie for how constant he has been through the years, and how he owns his lane, but in a presidential election, I don't really know if that type of candidate can really grow his or her base of core support.