1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

He didn't have his best game, but I believe he will hit on those big plays more often than he will miss.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Went back and rewatched the game. BOB made some mistakes, but calling a timeout when the Colts were at 2nd and 9 on their own 11 and a minute left was not one. He thought we could hold them and get it back. The challenge flag on the Griffin almost TD? That was really close, and he still followed it with a great RUSHING playcall on a direct snap to Miller. The delay of game? Goodness, how is that not on Watson? Watson missed a lot of open throws. But BOB needs to get away from the runs on first down, too predictable. Other than that, he did fine, Watson needs to execute, and we need Coutee or Carter back, Webb is a nobody that doesn't even require guarding...

EDIT: also, Watson holding the ball way to long for some of these sacks. And the punt with just over 6 min to go??? What would you have wanted? It was 4th and 8 in our own territory. Some of you guys complain about things just because its BOB, EVERY COACH would have punted there.

3. HstnSprtsFan101

On point. I loved the timeout, If we’re really a top 3 defense you trust them to get you the ball back there. We were far from that Sunday. The offense is so lost without Keke or Carter.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Most times the blame for losses go far beyond one player or coach. O'Brien shoulders some of the blame but he gets called out the most because he is the HEAD coach. He's the most responsible for wins and losses.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. HstnSprtsFan101

Those 3 things is what everyone would like to see more. Great that he’s aware. I’m just not sure there was much for him to check down to with Joe Webb running routes. We continue to never run RB screens also, mind boggling.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Uprising and HstnSprtsFan101 like this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What if the system sucks?

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know it's a small sample size, but if you watch the video above, I count 2 (and possibly 3) open receivers on the play. That's not a system issue. The system is getting those guys open. Deshaun is simply looking for the home run on every single play, and holding onto it too long. I'm not saying the system is perfect, and clearly there are times when the play design is totally flawed, but Deshaun has to shoulder some (maybe even most) of the responsibility of making the system work.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I wouldn't expect him to throw to the third string QB at this juncture in his career.

With time he will pick those things up.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did other times in the game, why take the sack instead of throwing the ball to the obviously open receiver?

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I am sure Watson has things to work on. My problem is this offense is still as crappy as if Osweiler was running it. O'Brien is holding back Watson.

13. Texanstradamus

Texans @ Jets thread needed since it’s a short week

14. conquistador#11

Don't see why everyone seems to be worrying about Watson. When we played the Titans the first time, I jokingly said watch every team go with exotic blitzes against us. With a bad line and watson's mentality that he has to go hero or zero, I was happily surprised only Buffalo then Cleveland opted to go with heavy blitzing. The colts saw something in the cleveland game and exploited it. It happens to even phillip rivers. Props to the colts.
    My biggest concern is B.o.B adjusting .
    Designed roll outs have been kind to us,

Jerrod Johnson with a great breakdown, starting @3:50
    https://sportsradio610.radio.com/me...nson-weather-saturday-deshaun-watson-and-more

Uprising and Chilly_Pete like this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Plus he didn't play THAT bad. With all the misses he still completed over 70% of his passes. Every QB is going to miss passes. Overthrow. Underthrow. Even the best are going to have a couple each game.

conquistador#11 and Chilly_Pete like this.
  16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Schedule got easier

18. conquistador#11

they won a Sb with their back up. I've also seen dirty sanchez torch us when he was with the eagles as he came in for Foles after an injury.

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

True but I’ll take my chances with Foles anyday over Wentz.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member