1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Browns @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 11, 2017.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

With Kevin Johnson coming back after the bye it makes me sad thinking about what this team could have been had Watt and Mercilus not gotten injured. I might be crazy but I really do think they could have contended with the way the offense is playing right now.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Via Aaron Wilson

Deshaun Watson 'Things are going pretty decent, I would say. There's a lot more we can learn from watching the film'

Will Fuller: 'Just playing smarter. I know a lot more about defenses. Playing smarter so I can play faster. I'm a little stronger'

Will Fuller on Deshaun Watson: 'It's fun. He's got a little swag'

Bill O'Brien on Braxton Miller: 'I didn't like the flip. Just score and hand the ball to the official would be my advice to him.'

Bill O'Brien on Deshaun Watson: 'There's always room for improvement'

Bill O'Brien on Deshaun Watson: 'For a guy just coming into the league to be able to play the way he's played and poise, definitely pleased'

Bill O'Brien wearing an Astros cap today. 'I'm a big Astros fan. That was a great baseball game'

Bill O'Brien: 'I think Mike Devlin is one of the best line coaches I've been around. He's a great teacher, great demeanor'

Bill O'Brien on Deshaun Watson extending: 'Sometimes, the journey is over and you have to punt 90 percent of time makes the right decision'

Bill O'Brien on Jadeveon Clowney: 'I think he can play even better. I think he realizes how important he is to our success going forward.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Brennan Scarlett played a good game. D.J. Reader got a game ball. He was sick as a dog, battling flu like symptoms'

Lamarr Houston on recording a sack in his first game with Texans: 'It's a blessing'

Johnathan Joseph also got a game ball

Bill O'Brien on Dylan Cole: 'He could miss a little time or he could miss a lot of time.'

Bill O'Brien said he thinks Kevin Johnson (sprained MCL) to return after bye and should be good to go

Bill O"Brien on Dylan Cole interception: 'He can run. He's got good ball skills.'

Bill O'Brien on Zach Cunningham: 'Done a good job. Very athetic guy. Has played pretty physical for a rookie.'

Via Brian T. Smith

Deshaun Watson leads NFL in passing TD (15) and is sixth in rating (101.1). #Texans

#Texans' offense is tied for second in NFL in average scoring (29.5) this season. Was tied for 28th (17.4) last year.

And for all the talk about the #Texans' OL ... offense ranks second in #NFL in average rushing yards per game (137.7).

#Texans' offense is also second in NFL in first downs (131) and tied for sixth in average rushing yards per attempt (4.4).

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Word of caution for all the optimists; there a lot of teams playing .500 or better in the AFC. If the season ended today, the Texans wouldn't make the playoffs and there are three other teams ahead of them that wouldn't either.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Correct, but we have the best QB in the division and our defense is still better than the Titans or Colts.

We have every right to be optimistic considering the above.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans have used the bye over the last few years to launch themselves into playoff contention.

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I felt that was excessive as well. Coach trusted you to make the play and put you in the spot to get it...just get it. Broham, you were inactive 2 weeks ago, a healthy scratch. Just get it in, go get your dabs in after the play but just get it in first. Shoot, go make a name for yourself making plays. That really hasn't happened and that play was more about the setup that him running it in. So far this season you've been benched for a RB and a guy off the street.

The Browns DL making TFL's and celebrating like it was a victory when they were down 3 scores was pretty funny too. I guess you gotta be happy when anything good happens wearing that uniform...

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Jaguars have the best defense (in the division and probably top 5 in the league) and the best running game in the division. We've seen the Texans win the division multiple times even though they didn't have the best QB. They actually won it with the worst QB. No reason to think the same can't apply to the Jaguars now. The Texans have a lot of tough road games coming up. There's still a lot of work to do to make it in.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

The only thing is the Jags didn’t get a great look at Deshaun the last time we played, and at this point that can’t be ignored given Deshaun’s play up to this point, not to mention the circumstances surrounding that game. And they still have Bortles. I think this division is a 2 man race but it’s gonna be close the rest of the way

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Jaguars run defense has been bad bad. they are built to play with a lead. just need to make sure you hit them hard first.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

If you just look at yards per game, yeah they're 19th in the league; but they're allowing 3.8 yards per carry. That's good for 6th in the league. But you're right about playing with a lead. They'll be in trouble if they are down and try to make a comeback.

12. conquistador#11

I almost forgot. We won the coin toss and opted to receive. B.O.B usually does what hoody does and opts to kicks.
    that was very telling, a change in the era.

Texans will have their shot against the Jaguars.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

It's weird how that's changed. Back in the 90's it was an automatic if u win the toss u take the ball. Now it's the opposite.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

They beat the Texans in Houston. That's major. The next game will be in Jacksonville. That gives them some advantage, but not a lot. Plus that game only matters if they both end up with the same record. They have the Chargers, Browns, and Bengals left on the schedule. As well as sharing beatable foes in Colts (2x), 49ers, and Cardinals with the Texans. Steelers really did them a favor.

15. Mashing

Mashing Member

I bet he learned a lot watching Watson.

red5rocket and Fullcourt like this.
  16. showa13

showa13 Member

I still don't put that much weight given what was going on around the first game. Too much outside stuff affecting both teams. I will say that meeting late in Jacksonville prob decides the division and will be the most important game of the year for getting into the playoffs for both teams barring a major meltdown(still not 100% convinced the Jags don't have a meltdown).

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Teams will know how to defend the Jags better and better as the season goes on. Blake Bortles is Terribad.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Whats the status on our LT?? Kendall Lam should never play tackle...

19. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

he's being selfish and holding out. I hope they trade him

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I was talking about Chris Clark...:)