1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Didn’t even think about that.

Seeing Strasburg struggle has me a little worried about Cole. I know one thing doesn’t have anything to do with the other really. I mean, I’d worry anyway. We are one game from going home, soooo...

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

considering the road team is 19-13 in game 5’s in division series home field doesn’t really mean squat. If we are better off playing here than in that st. Pete toilet

everyday eddie and BigShasta like this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So being the worst team or the best team gives you the best chances of winning the World Series (10 out of 18)

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its a miracle anybody here actually survived the 2017 playoffs.... which also had series where the Astros "blew" a 2-0 lead and a 2-1 lead in the LCS and WS, and had to play an eventual deciding "winner take all" game in both.

5. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

lol at my last doctor visit he said I better take it easy during these play offs and not show up after an intense game with my knees jacked up even more like I did back then. That was from excitement though. I did have to take a few short walks with some xanax and breathe during some innings

6. SemisolidSnake

Julia hates the Rally Monkey. She was very adamant that it's not a real mascot, and it's 17 years, so move on, already. It was just interesting to hear her so fired up about something, especially something like this, during a broadcast.

RKREBORN and BigM like this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Kind of akin to how the Rockets hang on to the "Clutch City" moniker, even though its specifically only applicable to those teams from 24 years ago.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I just love all this stress. Baseball rules

solid likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

It all depends how you look at it: drama or disaster. I doubt it is a "blow out" by either team; likely going down to the wire. If Astro hitters don't come through, they don't deserve to advance, period. Cole will deliver; it is on the hitters.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It's a miracle if certain posters ever admitted being wrong.

It's like they think a $1000 fine and/or jail time is incoming if they speak anything against their thesis.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

So far, we didn't blew any games. The Braves blew it, in our series we got smacked the last 2 games. We are blowing their ears off tomorrow, Tropicana is nowhere Minute Maid. We filled every seat and it will make a difference.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Elimination games in baseball are unpredictable. Dodgers going bye, bye. Braves blown out at home. That's why u have to not waste chances.

Tomstro likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros wouldn't have a world championship if not for the "unpredictable" elimination game.

The Dodgers are still no closer to getting there than they were in game 7 of 2017. Save your bullshit about "wasting chances" for teams that are still trying to win something.

14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wow. Road team in game 5 lds pick up two more wins (assuming the nats finish the dodgers. We have to take it tomorrow. The home team does win game 5’a

Tomstro likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well lets hope we aren't the Dodgers of the AL. Dodger fans were hella confident about their chances in game 5. Epic home record, their stud starter had a great showing but then their bullpen ****ed it up with their offense not showing up.

It can easily happen to us.

Tomstro likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm hoping I'm wrong........but.....these games don't make me any more confident.

Tomstro likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

Yep. As I said in the other thread, I hope the Astros realize now that 3 runs isn't enough no matter who you have pitching. They've got to go out and score early and keep trying to add runs every inning until the final out. Don't even flirt with the possibility of extra innings.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Astros pls

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  19. vonbock

vonbock Member

This is scary. This is Omen. Visiting teams wins the game 5. Its over. What makes anyone think that the Astros are going to score more than 1 run?

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Comes down to our bats. Going up against some very fierce arms tomorrow.

If our bats remain dormant, we are done.

Gotta put barrel to ball tomorrow.

solid and bloodwings19 like this.