1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 15, 2019.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Alvarez will protect all of our players.

whiskeyred and HTown2017Champs like this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

#402 mick fry, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

#404 Chilly_Pete, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    mick fry, desihooper and Surfguy like this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't mean to be "that guy," but, unsurprisingly, it is the one non ballplayer who is the one outraged by the Jake and the Astros.

Agree with LMJR, total horsebleep move by the Angels, starting with the incindiary comments from Ausmus in the immediate aftermath of the collision.

Can we get Dan Wheeler to come back on a 10-day contract?!

mick fry likes this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sympathy is going to be with the Angels after Skaggs and they can't do any wrong. I'm fine with the Astros taking the national villain role here and getting some payback.

everyday eddie and mick fry like this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

Angels were never really here nor there as far as teams I have opinion on or dislike. But right now I''m starting to hate them and it starts with Brad Ausmus. From the moment of the collision, which was a damn accident, he has escalated the situation with his words and orders from the dugout. Then Pujols, who must have thought Brandon Backe is still in the Astros dugout, escalates it more by walking toward the dugout and pointing fingers. After hitting Jake that should have been it, but the Angels do not want to let it go. Astros have a right to jaw after that high throw. If it hit his leg or butt it wouldbt have been an issue. I'm fired up, it's on now.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Two of them definitely defending Jake and calling it bs, that dude is an Angels homer ass.

10. HookemHorns1250

Can’t let Cole be the one to retaliate. You never know how trigger happy the umpire behind the plate will be. We can’t afford to lose Cole in the first or second inning.

I personally have no problem with the Astros just moving on from the incident, but if they are dead set on getting payback, then if the lead is big enough towards the end of the game, then that would be the only time.

desihooper, whiskeyred and Houstunna like this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Osuna won’t have a problem with it and who knows it may just get him back on track.

12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get back on track by continuing to miss the strike zone with his fastball?!:cool:

Houstunna and mick fry like this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

I don't want to actually see a real fight, but in my imaginary world I want to see Alvarez just fling Pujols and all these other rather large Angels aside like they're styrofoam. Like how Wilt would just seemingly effortlessly push (or pick up and set down) guys in his way no matter how big they were.

14. SemisolidSnake

I don't believe Houston fans would respond the same way. I've always found Houston fans to be some of the most low-key fans (for good or ill) in any sport. Probably from living in a civilized, practical city. Maybe some tepid booing is about all I expect from Houstonians.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

There is a boatload of Christians in Houston and Texas in general. We are a pretty chilled group.t

16. biff17

biff17 Member

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I prefer Russ Springer... he made Bonds dance before beaning him.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I have no problem with Ramirez hitting him. He could have done it lower but it happens.

I have no problem with the chirping from the Astros dugout because they felt the need to stick up for their guy.

I also have a ton of respect for Marisnick for handling the situation like a true professional. Most players would have acted like jackasses, but Jake was all class.

Brad Ausmus and Albert Pujols, though, can eat a d***.

desihooper, mick fry and arkoe like this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, what?? Not to be "that" guy, but what does religion have anything to do with Houstonians being a chill group of sports fans??

And yes, Brad Ausmus has had a rough month, but he needs to get checked for his role in all of this. He was nothing but incendiary from the moment it happened, and has done nothing to dampen tensions. My guess is he's using this as some sort of rallying cry for his team after the horrible stuff about Skaggs, but everything the Angels have done in retaliation has been 1000x more intentional than what Jake did. And that dumbass arguing on behalf of the Angels showed his complete ass. That ball was literal inches from plowing straight into Jake's earhole. If he hadn't turned away, that could have been really, really ugly.