1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 14, 2018.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If we’re even in the conversation for Verlander’s hall of fame cap than things will have been going mighty well for the next few years. Good enough for me.

texans1095 likes this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Why?

If Roy had stayed healthy so he could have made it to the HOF, you would think it was ok if he went in a Phillie?

3. Buck Turgidson

No he couldn't have.

Why would you feel bad for Keuchel? He's pitched as good as all those guys recently. I'd feel bad for the ****ing offense.

4. juicystream

In the sense that he didn't? Through 10 years, his numbers were similar to Verlander's except Oswalt had the much better ERA and ERA+.

5. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Oswalt had a career WAR of 50, while Verlander is currently at 60. 65 seems to be the magic number, which I think Verlander will hit. Most pitchers that have career WARs of over 65 are in the HOF, with the exception of a handful. Of that handful, I expect three to make it in the next few years (Schilling, Mussina, and Halladay).

Pettitte, who is considered a fringe HOF candidate, has a career WAR of 60.

6. juicystream

Which has to do with Oswalt being around only 11 years and then completely falling off. Verlander is still going strong in his 13th.