1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL]: 2017 Yankees Fans Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Os Trigonum, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol ill be annoying you and @BigMaloe when the cowboys and texans finally play each other again ;)

Btw, did you ever start another project on your patreon? I wasnt lying when i said the 10$ from clutchfans was me lol:p

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You.Are.Dead.To.Me.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I was at the last game bruh. Nothing but Texans tears haha

Anyways I'm a Texans fan also, except when they play Dallas. Being raised in Las Vegas, I don't have that huge Houston/Dallas rivalry gene in me; except always with the Mavs and ever since the conference switch, the rangers also.

But by all means, Fuuuck the yankees

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Cowboys I just kind of look like as like "meh". We play once every four years, not really a rivalry. Tony romo was fun to make jokes about even though he was way better than most QBs. Just seemed right. Dak isn't really fun to make fun of. The Cowboys showed so much support (cough Rangers) during Harvey that I really have no ill feelings toward them. I just hate Dallas people for the most part. I was a bouncer in Lubbock for 5 years, Dallas people are the type of people that will spit in your face, get punched, immediately call their dad/lawyer. #endrant

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.
  5. BigMaloe

I am born and half raised in Houston. My dad who I grew up with was born in Dallas. Growing up as a baby/little child it was always cowboys. But when I really started getting into sports on my own, well vegas didn't have any teams. So I latched on my other hometown like @Mathrocker alludes to and became a huge Houston sports fan of all sports. At that time, oilers just went to Tennessee to become the titans so it was obvious to easily double down on my already beloved cowboys.

So, like @justtxyank said, you can't really question someone's fandom without knowing anything of their situation.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

All true.....BUT....if someone says they are a Yankees fan and a Lakers fan they can roll out

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@BigMaloe i think a lot of it comes down to people ragging on Houston teams. Like I had a roommate who was from McAllen and was a Packers, Spurs, Yankees fan. And he would always be like dude your teams suck and after a while you just wanna be like "bro have you ever even been to New York?" Like he obviously doesn't have a big city to identify with (which is fine) but if you want to hand pick teams across the globe to call "your teams" then maybe not bash on the people faithful to their city. (Also this has nothing to do with you or anyone in the thread lol, just something I think is fun to talk about)

8. BigMaloe

No I for sure understand band wagons fans who just wanna be winners lol

9. Daddy Long Legs

im sure you, don, and justxyyank know im just playing around. in the event that I was a little over bearing, just know I'm def kidding lol.

I think we all just only don't like the fans who assume they are smarter than you if their team wins and your team doesn't. I have a friend in houston who is a seahawks fan and 3 years ago was talking to me like I didn't know anything about nfl because texans sucked and he knew everything because seahawks were great lol.

the only bandwagon fans are the ones who only choose those teams based on wanting to be more of a winner than fans of losing teams.

justtxyank and BigMaloe like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

I put two and two together. I appreciate it. I have a book that's about to be out and available.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. don grahamleone

Focus. Things have changed.
    [​IMG]

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

15. don grahamleone

The good news for you is Tanaka is pitching game one. He's a big gamer who can hand the ball off to the closer. If he has both the sinker and slider moving properly for him, look out. Astros are in trouble. He throws those two pitches about half the time. Should be a low scoring game if the starters are on. I've been pumped about him since day one as a Yankee. Bad news is it's a 7 game series.

[​IMG]

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'll be the first one to admit the Yankees are underdogs. So in light of that reality, here is some Yankees underboob.

[​IMG]

17. Daddy Long Legs

tanaka is a damn good pitcher. We hit homers off him 2 years ago though. I'll always remember that carlos gomez homer lol

[​IMG]

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

19. Daddy Long Legs

This really is where threads go to die...

Kinda wish it was still in the astros thread at this point. Its just being boring and collecting dust over here...

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow. the Yankees fan-bashing thread got disappeared. The mods in the baseball forum really don't mess around. oh well.