1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2012 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Good gosh on those WRs. Nicks and William's teams was shut out, D Alexander was shut out. And Stevie Johnson's team got BLOWN out BADLY.

I say forget D Alexander. Its all cuz he's tied to Phillip freaking Rivers, and they're going up against a good pass defense. Jets might be motivated with their QB change and people are trying to save their jobs. (D Alexander did light up a top ranked pass 2 weeks ago, so thats how it goes with Phillip Rivers)

Williams is okay every 3rd-4th game doing what a solid #2 is supposed to be doing. (And knowing my luck, he'll crank out 100+ or get him a TD grab this week)

If I wanted a safe 7 points, I'd go Stevie Johnson. He's scored over 7 points 6 straight weeks. He seems likely to bust than the others. Nicks would be a safe play if he was more healthy so between those 2.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You sure about that?

I'm having trouble picking a D this week. Indy, CAR, NYJ, SD, WAS, StL all in the mix. Leaning towards CAR at the moment - tied for 7th in both sacks and fumble recoveries this year, plus OAK is travelling across country and playing early. The thing that worries me is that they're saying Pryor will get more snaps this week. That brings some unpredictability to the mix.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I wouldn't worry about that, Pryor couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with most of his throws. He's the black Tebow if anything.

Raiders historically have given up something like 31ppg when travelling to the east coast for games over the past 10 years.

I'm starting DeAngelo Williams over Alfred Morris this week.

4. Pete the Cheat

wow...my W/T situation is throwing me for a loop right now (our league format is WR, WR, TE, W/T)

J Graham - hasn't sniffed the end zone in 4 weeks, but a must start if he is going on Sunday. he is practicing this week, so I am assuming a start here.

Gronk - suddenly projected to play this week...but how limited will he be? he couldn't possibly have a monster comeback, could he? this one is killing me...

D Pitta - had a nice stat line last week with two garbage time TDs, he should get some more looks with Smith out. Logically there is no way I can start this guy over the two names above him. But their health situation scares me going into a title game...

M Bennet - you can't spell eliminated without Eli. I am having a hard time talking myself into this one.

meanwhile at WR:

Demaryius Thomas - a stud all season long, but dinged the past two weeks. how much will he be limited?

Brandon Lloyd - feast or famine, carried the load for me the past two weeks. but does he dissappear again if Gronk comes back?

TY Hilton - AKA saviour of my season. he couldn't have put his end of season run together at a better time. I almost feel obligated to start him this week.

5. Pete the Cheat

so that mean you are starting Murray over Morris as well? you are brave sir

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

how do you think i would fare - in the league i am in the finals this the matchup

me:
    brees
    lynch
    morris
    stevie johnson
    antonio brown
    pitta
    lance moore
    shayne graham
    chargers DEF

vs

matt ryan
    chris johnson
    trent richardson
    josh gordon
    roddy white
    bennet
    mccoy
    bailey
    bears DEF

on my bench i have nicks, leshoure, blackmon, torrey smith and RG3

should I subbed in anyone? its a 1 pt ppr league

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Please pick one for W/R:

Reggie Wayne v KC
    Steven Jackson @ TB
    Chris Johnson @ GB
    Torrey Smith v NYG
    (looks like he might play this week, for which reason I'm not playing Pitta at TE)

This is for the semifinals or first round of the playoffs

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Okay, made it to the championship game in my league. This is who I currently have set in the starting line up. Any suggestions for players I maybe should switch out? I feel like who I have in gives me the best chances to win. So nervous for this Sunday!

[​IMG]

9. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Pick one

TE Vernon Davis, Dennis Pitta, Mercedes Lewis
    FLEX Vick Ballard, Shone Greene, Brian Hartline (.5 pts per reception)

10. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Not to much on Pryor. With Oaklands speedy receivers clearing out he has potential to put up Kaepernick (wildcat) numbers.

11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

This is easier to answer than others; I would play Dennis Pitta and Vick Ballard. Pitta because Davis & Lewis are out of form. Ballard because he will likely see more touches than Hartline, and has an easier defense than Shonn Greene

12. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

QB.....Big Ben, Flacco, Freeman, or Kaepernick

RB.....Forte, Knowshon, and L.McCoy

please rank for this week

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

How the heck do you have both Gronk and Graham?

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Gronk is already ruled out, well according to official report he is "questionable", but there is a lot of reports in NFL.com saying that he will not play this week.

I would play Jimmy Graham and TY Hilton.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Morris had a poor game against Philly earlier. He's been very consistent all year but I like Murray and DeAngelo a bit better this week.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Stewart might be playing. Gonna cause problems--I'm starting Deangelo over a lot of proven guys also

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Bump...

Will rep

18. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I will go with Dez, while NO shut out TB last week the receivers had nice individual games.

if PPR Dez, Thomas, Trent
    if regular Dez, Trent, Thomas

1 person likes this.
  19. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Romo or Stafford (pass tds worth 6pts)

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

This.

Should I start Stafford tonight? Or should I plug in Russell Wilson or Sam Bradford?

IT'S FOR THE 'CHIP!