1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Office Space/Mike Judge Fans, Idiocracy is out in Houston today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

When I first heard about this movie, it was called 3001 I think. Basically, the premise is that a military librarian of average intelligence and skill is a guinea pig for a military experiment on cryogenic freezing. He wakes up centuries later to find out that the world has become very dumbed down and that he is now the most intelligent person on the planet. This movie has been handled extremely poorly by guess who, Fox. Right now it's being released in select cities, Houston being one of them. I have yet to see a trailer or even an official website. But I trust Mike Judge and I really think this will be as good or better than Office Space. So go see it if you get the chance this weekend.

[​IMG]
    The President of the United States, a pro wrestler named Camacho

Here's a very positive review from somebody who caught an early showing:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24371

2. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Arizona is closer to Hollywood then Houston, but the movie isn't even showing in Phoenix, much less Tucson.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i haven't even heard of this flick.... i believe i'm gonna have to check it out.

anyone know where in austin it's playing? alamo drafthouse, perhaps?

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where in Houston y'all?

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

8. cson

cson Contributing Member

FECK YEAH!

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's been one of my life's goals to spread the greatness of "King of the Hill". If everybody watched that show, the world would be a better place.

10. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Where is this going to be shown in Houston?

11. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

12. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

has anyone seen it yet? i might go watch this tonight instead of little miss sunshine, if of course its good!

13. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Just saw this movie last night after some hard convincing to my friends that it would be a good movie. Took a while but they finally gave in. Anyways, it was a very funny and entertaining movie. The scenery alone should be enough to make you watch this flick. I haven't seen a Futuristic City done this well since Back 2 The Future. I can understand why it didn't get any promotion from Fox because it's basically poking fun at America today with all the ridiculous advertising everywhere. Although, this movie could be a box office hit if it got the right promotion.

I do recommend this movie to anybody headed out to the theaters. Mike Judge is a genius and it saddens me that this movie won't get as much attention as any other same ol' Hollywood movie.

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I saw the movie Sunday. I am a huge Office Space fan, so I had high expectations. The premise is funny and the set up was well done. Unfortunately this is only 10 to 15 minutes of the movie. The next hour is people acting stupid. There are a few laughs in between the stupidity, but not enough.