1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

The POTUS is Donald Trump. Your argument is invalid.

REEKO_HTOWN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

She could have but it wouldn’t have been as dramatic.
    [​IMG]

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL Next editorial coming in 3, 2, 1...

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm pretty damn well sick of this kind of talk:

"I was not safe." So . . . she was injured by the officers, molested, what? I can fully believe the officers were a'holes. But was she really not safe?

As a teacher at a university, I worry a lot about losing my job because some American (female) idiot says "I didn't feel safe."
    Guess what: pretty much every American doesn't feel safe!
    Meanwhile, no international students are going to pull that crap on me. And American guys won't either.
    When I teach international students, it feels like a normal job.
    When I teach Americans, it feels like I am exposing myself to risk, and my main goal is to escape without offending them.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't think American females should take your courses. You have a bias against them that could severely impact grades especially in your field where grades for papers are very subjective. Where is your ratemyprofessor account?

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Honestly, I don't think you should publicize your mentally weak views, but I don't object. Go back to blowing the CIA.

cml750 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

But seriously, your bias has an effect on the future lives. You should refrain from teaching American females. It isn't fair to them or you.

biff17 likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

If you want to improve "the future lives," start teaching college yourself. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I manage “American Females” daily in my job and I don’t for a second feel that way. Yes...MeToo has crossed my mind for a second but the thought quickly leaves my mind when I realize that I don’t try to screw my colleagues or sext them or anything disgusting like that.

I also don’t put my “American Female” direct reports in cages after ripping away their children, and not giving them soap or other basic sanitary conditions.

I think you are trying way too hard to tie in your own personal daily insecurities in with an extraordinary humanitarian situation because you want to support the politics behind it. You teaching a college course isn’t the same as a border agent putting a human being in a cage after ripping away their child. Kind of a different situation unless you teach in Alabama.

fchowd0311 and CometsWin like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Read this to get it. I wonder how you'd feel if there was a facebook group with your students talked about you like this

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You got off topic. I was referring to AOC saying "I wasn't safe." That was a lie. She was safe; she's OK; she's all safe and sound. I never made any comment about the detainees, if you go back and read. . . .

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I was referring to AOC, and I already don't feel safe around American students, but I venture to say I am safe.
    Do you truly think I may not be safe with students?
    Do you truly think AOC was not safe? She appears to be unharmed.
    I never made any comment about the detainees, if you go back and read. . . .

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If I were you I wouldn't feel safe around American students. They have more access to guns than you'd care to believe. All it takes is one just like it only took one crazy guy to shoot a congresswomen in the head. Both of those things have happened.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

My main point was: Americans are scary with their indignance, outrage, white knighting, censorship, and kick assery. Even "liberals" want to frown and "get tough" on people.

For me as a straight white male who is required to talk in front of Americans for about 40 hours a semester, all I want to do is cover my ass and get out of there. If any teacher tells you they feel free to express themselves in the classroom, they are lying.

On the "female" aspect, I will clarify a little and say white American females are the ones who scare me, in terms of saying "I don't feel safe." I never meet with any student outside the classroom.

P.S. I do sometimes think my large public university and where it is located would be a likely candidate for a mass casualty event. But, in 25 or so years, I have hardly seen even a hint of violence in a student. (The closest thing I have seen to violence is when the Christian God squad is allowed on campus to shout at the women that they are sluts and tear pages out of the Quran with their teeth. Campus police need to be present when these unemployed Christians from the halfway house arrive to spread God's word.)

#1994 sirbaihu, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

delete

#1995 glynch, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is AOC eligible for Vice President in 2024? It would be good training for AOC 2028.

17. Fantasma Negro

She would get destroyed in debates for nonsensical arguments like this one:

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Would anybody want her to run as a VP with them? She would always try to steal the spotlight.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^And thus explains how powerful AOC is - one post about their fantasy/nightmare and the wingfish just take the bait within minutes.

20. fchowd0311

Dude, she entered a work environment where 9000 of its employees were on a private Facebook chat making memes about Trump forcing her to suck his dick along with various other physical threats to her before she arrived. Propublica released the content of the private Facebook group full of border patrol agents a day before she arrived so she full well knew that she was entering a zone where most of the employees were encouraging jokes and memes about raping her.

But you know "AmErICaN WoMeN" are so out of control.