1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama bugged Trump Tower before election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 4, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ingenious master criminal plan idea!

If you want to start some massive money laundering scheme or some sort of other horribly illegal activity, affiliate yourself with Trump so that half the country and the GOP think any allegations towards you or any legal surveillance of you is a witch hunt.

I suggest before committing a crime, tweet some pro Trump rhetoric. It'll help.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. And as another poster pointed out, it wouldn't be a win for Trump if there was probable cause produced in a court to get a warrant. Either way, this "revelation" still doesn't make what Trump tweeted more accurate.

edwardc likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Someone has to go to jail. Using false credentials to unmask a citizen

Also why the hell is security so lax on unmasking citizens? i can just use someone's credentials and make it happen? wtf?

I thought you had to go through some process giving a written justification to be reviewed and it had to be approved. Not some rubber stamp bullshit.

#783 tallanvor, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you presume that Power is 100% honest? I think it's far too early to rush off and make those kinds of judges and take actions based on one person's claim.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Of course. Anyone who disparages Democrats in general or Obama specifically is obviously telling the whole truth. If they are talking bad about Republicans, it can't be anything but fake news.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you are suggesting Gowdy is lying about what Powers testified to?

7. dmoneybangbang

Gowdy the Benghazi Crusader?

I wonder how many investigations we would have if these investigstive expenses weren't on the tax payers?

No Worries likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Are you suggesting the testimony of one person is proof positive something happened?

She may be 100% correct about what happened. But I would like some corroborating evidence before we start convicting people and assume our whole security apparatus is screwed.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ahhh... UNMASKING.... Another topic that nobody knew about or cared about until Fox News told people like Tellev that they need to be outraged about this, repeated the story and pundit outrage ever hour on the hour, rinse repeat.... next thing you know.... You have your next GOP House Investigation and Hillary Clinton or Susan Rice giving testimony for 8 hours.

If anyone is interested in FoxNews' methodology, I urge you to read this article on Fox's recent attempt to brand Kimmel.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/watching...mmy_kimmel_comment_into_an_entire_day_of.html

FranchiseBlade and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. dobro1229

Its not. You have to fill out an SF86 to get clearance for a position that could "potentially" see classified intelligence, and then from there you have to be in a handpicked group close to a high ranking member to unmask even with clearance. The punishment for sharing that intelligence even at lower security clearance levels is usually hard jail time.

If you have SF86 clearance there is no security. You are the security. Only the DOJ and a judge can punish misuse and crimes that people commit when they misuse their power of intelligence.

If you are worried about people that are getting clearance that shouldn't.... you have a point. Most recently the DOJ allowed a registered foreign agent by the name of Michael Flynn to become a NSA director, and allowed Jarrod Kushner to "revise" his SF86.... what.... 8 times now because of all the information he just "forgot" to leave off?

If the problem is the security around our intelligence, I'd say you have a point. There is a problem with the security of our intelligence when people like this can get clearance to this high level of intelligence so easily by our DOJ.

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But let's get to the heart of the matter here...BENGHAZI!!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. GladiatoRowdy

No, I'm suggesting that you are engaging in biased partisanship by positing a conspiracy without so much as a sniff of evidence.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

14. dobro1229

Read the opinion piece. It all amounts to the author stating in the end that “I think I know who the spy is inside the Trump admin, but I can’t confirm it”.

Wow that’s some strong journalism there. A scathing piece slanted towards the FBI using quote “dirty tricks” to spy on American Patriots like Carter Page (in which Republican judges signed off on the warrant), and painting Paul Ryan of all people as a credible authority figure who can tell us believably that Nunes’ requests are all so incredibly warranted. Yeah...

Make no mistake... the pavement has already been made through straight up propaganda and leaders like Paul Ryan for people like this poster here to be signing up for and advocating putting Trumps own law enforcement on trial because how dare they investigate and spy on guys that are self confessed “Kremlin advisors” like Carter Page just because they want to protect their precious Donald who for whatever reason they grow a big rubbery one for. That’s loyalty there.

If someone was leaking inside the Hillary Clinton White House about self dealing with the Iranians to undermine American and Israeli interests Im sure “Patriots” like the above poster would be just as outraged at the FBI listening to and covering for that whistle blower.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. GladiatoRowdy

Gowdy lying in order to bash Democrats wouldn't be in any way out of character for him.