1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Had no idea there were city owned gun ranges in places. Actually looking up ranges in my area, my police department's range is open to the public one day out of the month.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yep. Pretty cool actually. Liberal though I am, I've enjoyed some very sane ranges.

3. dmoneybangbang

My buddy was a range officer at a private range, but not every private range has them.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

due to the nature of these clubs, some are more well staffed than others. PSC has about 10 ranges.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Weird story...

6. B-Bob

Serious question: how many people kill their mom? Pretty rare and pretty sketchy, to say the least.

Even the guy in psycho let her die of natural causes, right?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

B-Bob! How could you? "They" all think we've never wanted a gun, ever had a gun, ever fired a gun, never hunted with a gun, and that we've never ever been to a gun range. Now "they" are going to be in a state of confusion.

It'll be worse than the fear "they" expressed here when Obama was running for his first term (and his second, actually) that a President Obama, with a majority in both houses of Congress (for 2 years), would take away "their" guns. The fear was palpable. So what happened? Not only did President Obama not do anything to restrict gun ownership, sales of firearms increased while he was in office. The fear was entirely unfounded.

Perhaps paranoia would be a better word than fear.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If only I was as smart and as gun savy as old man Deckard I could have seen all the times Obama cried on TV begging america to let him take our gun rights away that actually he was "not doing anything to restrict gun ownership".

Obama never signed executive orders that Trump reversed restricting gun rights. The ACLU never opposed on the grounds it "advances and reinforces the harmful stereotype that people with mental disabilities, a vast and diverse group of citizens, are violent." It was all my imagination.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

We have range officers on the weekends when it is busy.

Also, my bad experiences were both at ASC. First, a guy didn't know how to unload his shotgun and fired off a round 4 or 5 feet into the ground in front of him because he was panicking when the officers were telling everyone to go cold and clear their guns. The 2nd example.. some nut was making his young son shoot a 9mm. The kid was terrified of it and crying and this guy was being all gung-ho. The kid started having a tantrum and waived the gun to the left and right down the shooting line.

When I go to shoot at the private club I have my own entire pistol range so a range officer would be pretty useless.

10. NewRoxFan

Story getting more interesting... "offered sex for..." And specifying age of "US Person 1" rules out Rohrabacher who is 71, not 56. Shades of Red Sparrow...

11. NewRoxFan

... and even more interesting...

JeffB and No Worries like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really remember having to deal with too many people being unsafe when I went to ranges....although at every open to the public range I did notice gunshot holes where no gunshot holes should be so that suggests at some point there were really stupid people being unsafe. IMO the worst part about going to ranges are the gun fetish douchebags who are just REALLY into gun minutia and are annoying as hell. Anyway, those kinds of people are the reason why I just set something up on my own land and stopped going to gun ranges altogether except in the case where I can't make it all the way out there and need to ensure a rifle or whatever is still zeroed in before going on a hunting trip.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What are the odds that Trump throws his own son under the bus to save his presidency?

14. NewRoxFan

I am guessing the russian spy thought the prison jumpsuit wasn't sexy enough?

15. NewRoxFan

Gosh, I am slow... US Person 1 is Paul Erickson.

Meet The Operative Who Was Alleged Conduit Between Mariia Butina And GOP
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/paul-erickson-center-nexus-between-butina-russia-gop

IS TRUMP THE UNNAMED “POLITICAL CANDIDATE” WHO MET AN ALLEGED RUSSIAN SPY?
    The indictment of Maria Butina, who allegedly used the N.R.A. to build ties between Russia and the G.O.P., may have ties to the Trump campaign.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...ical-candidate-who-met-an-alleged-russian-spy

FranchiseBlade and JeffB like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am guessing that Butina would like to be packing a little heat in court, as well as dressed in civies.

[​IMG]

17. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

for a clearer timeline, the FBI raided butina's apartment in april but didn't arrest her until this week?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A close American ally comes through. I love it!
    Viva Spain!

19. B-Bob

Oh, come on now, Libs. Who among us has not offered sex for a position of influence, and who among us has not complained about our longtime cohab partner in writing? Ahem. ... Wait.

20. B-Bob

If he thinks it would save his presidency? 100%.

But I doubt it ever comes to that. He's going to rely on his base and a fearful pathetic Congress and ride this as long as he can for Daddy Putie.

adoo likes this.