1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This Ad shows a group lead by insane extremist leaders, calling up hate and anger. They have abandon sportsmanship and self protection. Naturally following along the steps that dear leader Trump has set out.

2. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

I saw this earlier...."the clinched fist of freedom". Such idiocy takes root in the fertile soil of fear and ignorance. That video is nearly a call to civil war, flame me for hyperbole but to my gun-owning-liberal-ears it says "stock up, the crazy-right is ready to make this fight kinetic". Its almost a dare, a dog whistle for lone wolves to take action.

3. Buck Turgidson

They did that way back in the early 90's, if not before.

Nook, wouldabeen23 and Amiga like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It gives something to people to live for. Trump is one of the white men's last gasps. It was the perfect storm after a black president. Someone that could codify the idiots out there and make them vote. Along with all of the rest of the intelligent people decide to hold their noses and look the other way after countless examples of him appearing unprofessional and lack of understanding in any way in what it takes to be president.

I could go on and on about this from every angle. Anyone with half a brain can see how it all happened and what are the most likely outcomes.

Amiga likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone here find BLM racist?

From what I can tell, they would welcome a civil war.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Kings of false equivalency you Trumpanzees.

Deckard and justtxyank like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Actually wasnt trying to equate these two. I just don't like starting new threads.

8. TheresTheDagger

The ad wouldn't work and would fall flat on its face IF people weren't already believing these things were happening.

But they are...and it might.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Civil War amongst Americans is good for business at least for the NRA. So why wouldn't they try to juice up some jingoist rhetoric into our lowest common denominator fellow citizens?

The gun lobby lost a powerful tool in having a Democrat president. It's bad for business when you have a pro-gun adminstration. Thus they need to conjure up a new rhetoric that will instill fear in the heart of all Billy Bobs by creating the narrative of the bleeding heart liberal terrorists who want to murder Trumptards.

wouldabeen23, Amiga and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The scary black man is no longer in office, so they have to drum up sales somehow. What's sad is that people believe stuff like this and the only way they can continue to drive demand is to ratchet up the level of rhetorical derangement. Saying "Everything's cool and you'll probably be fine!" doesn't move gun sales the say that "Civil war is coming, stock up Freedom Fighter" does.

Amiga and amaru like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

viewed through your own lens of wanting a civil war

Who looks more like their are gearing up for civil war
    The Bundy boys like in oregon and nevada who pointed guns at federal agents
    and this NRA commercial
    or
    a bunch of unarmed people shouting mean words

Rocket River

amaru, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sad part is . .. . it will be a self fulfilling prophecy

funny . . . .basically they are doing IN AMERICA what we do outside of america
    encourage an arms race
    and sell to both sides

Rocket River

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I follow their social media pages. They have some extremely mean words and it just not aimed at law enforcement.

14. CometsWin

Speak of the devil, I just got an email from Wayne LaPierre trying to scare me into buying self-defense insurance for when I shoot a thug that attacks my family.

Here's a snippet.

As you and I know all too well, America's justice system is stacked heavily in favor of criminals and against law-abiding citizens. Far too often, we've seen justice turned on its head - with crime victims thrown in jail instead of the criminals. Far too often, we've seen violent criminals and their families file huge civil lawsuits against their would-be victims.

And the fact is, regular insurance may not cover the enormous costs you could face in the aftermath of protecting yourself against a criminal.

That's why there's new NRA Carry Guard - America's most comprehensive insurance coverage for those who carry a gun, or simply keep a gun for security at their home or office.

God forbid that you'd ever experience a house fire, or injure someone in an auto accident.

But you know that these things can and do happen. That's why you have insurance for your home and your car.

Yet, the financial and personal consequences of using a gun in self-defense could be just as devastating as a house fire or a serious car accident - or even worse.

Imagine yourself handcuffed and interrogated without being able to make bail, or without a top-notch defense attorney at your side.

Imagine yourself facing trial on a felony charge that could send you to prison for decades - then being assigned to an overworked public defender who can't devote the full time necessary to prepare your defense.

Or, imagine yourself being grilled and cross-examined in a courtroom by an aggressive lawyer who's trying to grab everything you own. Imagine losing that battle and having to hand over your home and your life savings to a thug who attacked your family!

15. CometsWin

Actually, I'd encourage all of you to sign for wingnut newsletters. You'll see exactly the types of nuts you're up against. The Heritage Foundation mailings are very entertaining.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I can state with certainty that as a land management agency in the Department of the Interior, BLM is more concerned with stuff like the desert tortoise, wild horses, sagebrush fires, oil and coal leases, and dispersed camping than fomenting civil war.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

NRA is mild and only has power because of active membership. Calling the gun industry some goliath corporate entity is laughable garbage. Gun Owners of America represents a less compromising view of gun rights but doesn't have the power of the NRA. Hopefully some headway can be made in restoring gun rights with a friendly government in place but my guess is little will be accomplished with the "Party of No" in opposition.

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Basically when the scary dark skinned man was in office gun sales went up. He's gone and prejudice man that looks more like them is in office so they aren't as scared and gun sales are way down now. This is just to drum up gun sales and it is pathetic

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see anything outlandish or inaccurate in that video, it was a bit hokey but other than that not really anything wrong with it.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a liberal who likes shooting guns. How are our gun rights in need of restoration?

Deckard, wouldabeen23 and CometsWin like this.