1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

not watching the finals if warriors are in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, May 15, 2018.

1. smp

smp Member

Same here. When we get eliminated I'm done every year. I might watch the 2nd half of a game 7 if I'm home sitting around. Even then it's boring because I don't care who wins if its not us.

bballjunkie, ElDobleK and Jontro like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I usually get over the Rockets losing in a couple days and then put the NBA finals on in the background. I don't care who wins, I just like the spectacle. I do remember being very intrigued whem the Cavs came back from 3-1 against GSW though.

Last year was pretty bad and I still watched the finals that year.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

I didn’t last year, and I won’t again this year.

I’m not a huge NBA fan, but I never miss a Rockets game.

There’s just no reason for me to be excited as long as the Warriors have Curry, Durant, Green, and Thompson.

bballjunkie likes this.
  4. RoxD

RoxD Member

Durant joined the Warriors with the second highest salary in the NBA, second only to Lebron's in 2016-17. ($26,540,100, same as Harden and Westbrook)
    He took less only in his second year with the Warriors (2017-18).

5. RoxD

RoxD Member

First, this is a rumor, and Klay has denied it.
    Second, even if it is true, with contract extension Klay can only get that much (CBA, a 120% raise).
    If he waits for another year to sign contract, he may get more money, but there is a risk. One year is a long time for a NBA payer. Look at Ezeli, the former Warrior, who had refused contract extension with the Warriors, and now he has no contract at all.

6. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Right there with you. I actually watch a lot of the playoffs, including non-Rockets series -- until the Rockets get eliminated. At that point I can't be bothered. The last time I watched post-Rockets elimination was the fourth quarter of Game 7, 2016 NBA Finals.

bballjunkie and Jontro like this.
  7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

I didn't watch the Finals last year, it was a joke, as long as these b... of Lorriers are playing I'm not watching

RocketWalta and macan like this.
  9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If, lord forbid, it ends up Warriors-Cavs again then there is no chance in hell I'm watching.

I'd watch Warriors-Celtics, though, mainly because I have a ton of respect for Brad Stevens and the way he has those guys playing.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Don’t worry Op, they ain’t making it that far...

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Same. If we, the best regular season team in the NBA with 65 wins and HCA throughout the playoffs can't beat them, who can? Durant's weak move to get an easy ring cost the NBA basically all its parity and excitement because we all know who's going to win.

bballjunkie likes this.
  12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I'm not so mad at the Warriors for going out there, recruiting Durant and giving him the max. I'm sure if Durant wanted to come to the Rockets, Morey would have made it happen.

What bothers me is how much hate other teams get for not being able to compete. I mean, if Lebron wants to join the Rockets to try to win a championship, why shouldn't he? It's the only way any team can realistically compete against a team with 4 ALL-STARS and 2 MVPs.

13. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

i am actually tempted to boycott any series or games warriors play.. this came out as a sore loser thread, but its this practice of players trying to save their legacy to win with the easiest way out, and in the effort they screw up NBA for the consumer.. Shaq actually kind of started this, when he jumped to Phoenix, then Boston and finally cavs, but he was a shell of his MVP self.. Lebron actually started this trend by going to miami, but he did somewhat right the wrong by going back and winning against a 73 win team, this act by itself will keep him from taking over MJ.. who came fought the adversity of celtics, lakers and pistons and became the ultimate champion.. KD who should be considered a top 10 player, will never really get to this echelon because of going to GS.. this will always always be considered Stephs team with KD being a very very good secondary player..

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I’ll watch the finals if it means the Warriors suffer in pain after losing like we are now! At this point only Boston could pull it off

15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I dont watch if the rockets arent playing anyway lol

16. smp

smp Member

People always used to speculate about how good Pippen was. Now nobody cares. Nobody talks about Pippen.

Klay and Green won’t even get Pippens level of recognition long term. The Warriors are KD and Curry. Klay and Green are being pushed out of the spotlight. It might take them some time for them to realize it, but it’s happening right now. If they are fine being Beta’s then ok. But most really good players aren’t ok with that and it keeps super teams from forming and staying together for long.

We will see if they are Alphas or Betas. You must be an alpha to be a historic great. Make no mistake about KD either. He’s an alpha. He came into a 73 win team and took it over. It’s his now. He b****ed slapped Green and Klay and probably going to take 50 million dollars away from them too. Lol. True alpha.

17. smp

smp Member

People always used to speculate about how good Pippen was. Now nobody cares. Nobody talks about Pippen.

Klay and Green won’t even get Pippens level of recognition long term. The Warriors are KD and Curry. Klay and Green are being pushed out of the spotlight. It might take them some time for them to realize it, but it’s happening right now. If they are fine being Beta’s then ok. But most really good players aren’t ok with that and it keeps super teams from forming and staying together for long.

We will see if they are Alphas or Betas. You must be an alpha to be a historic great. Make no mistake about KD either. He’s an alpha. He came into a 73 win team and took it over. It’s his now. He b****ed slapped Green and Klay and probably going to take 50 million dollars away from them too. Lol. True alpha.

18. smp

smp Member

Delete double post.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

That report has been dismissed by Klay's agent. Not sure who started that rumor.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wrong thread