1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not bringing Cole in the 7th Inning...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

Im sorry but when Cole starting jogging towards the bullpen the entire stadium rose up and started cheering so loud it was something out of this world. It seemed like Bulls fans in 97 against the Jazz. It was something out of this world. Cole looked back and you could tell he was totally ready to enter the game. If anyone else was at the game they could speak for this themselves but I have zero doubt he could've pulled a shutout. Cole was loose and READY to go. BOTTOM LINE WE HAD THE LEAD.

Hinch cost this game BOTTOM LINE. You can sugarcoat the offense or whatever the **** you want, but you do NOT LEAVE THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS WORLD ON THE BENCH. YOU DONT LEAVE HARDEN ON THE BENCH WITH 3 MINUTES.

GTFO

2. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Harris, Osuna, and Smith all failed tonight. Who knows what Cole would have done? Expecting him to go 3 innings may have been too much. They beat the best out our pen and our offense did not show up.

lw17, dmoneybangbang, itzIce and 6 others like this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

Harris had NO busines pitching the 7th. Cole was READY to go. I started walking towards the bullpen towards the 7th inning and Cole was already lose and you could tell he was ready to go. Hinch ****ED this up.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Cole would have HAD to start the inning. If he struggled then everyone would be yelling about taking out Greinke and bringing in a guy who’s never pitched in relief.

Houstunna likes this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

This.There was no history with Cole in relief except college and he was on 2 DAYS rest. He may have imploded and the armchairs woud be roasting him on that move. Bottom line is you let Zack go another batter. He was BAFFLING that part of their lineup. He made ONE bad pitch. One.

JV woudlve gotten the longer leash with AJ, for whatever reason Zack didnt get that longer leash

Again, offense was horrible

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Grab a cold shower tiger.

Sajan and Rock Block like this.
  7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Going to the bullpen in that situation is a "hindsight" move. Everyone has the benefit of knowing the outcome now. I personally felt Greinke deserved a chance to get out of it, but I wasn't making the decision.

Hinch went to the bullpen and that is ok.... what is not ok is in the biggest moment of the series, he brought in the guy who was clearly exhausted LAST NIGHT, much less tonight. Everyone in the world knew Harris has been used too much. You can't go to him in that situation.

If you're going to go bullpen there, you go with Osuna to close the door and you bring Cole in for the 8th.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man it sucks to be that close. Never know when you’re getting back. If ever again

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Fk outta here. Harris smith are all what they are. They are journey men relivers. Cole is a bona fied #1 pick in the draft and hes expected to be the act of a rotation. You do NOT leave the best pitcher in this world on the fkin bench!

TexAg713 likes this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It was a hell of a year. Hinch is great. The Nationals were better and deserve the ring.

Rustyrig, Elie#17, Jake Tower and 2 others like this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

Dude once again you dotn fkin get it. You were not at the fkin game. Cole WAS FKIN READY. He was in the bullpen jogging up and down during bullpens. You guys did not see this **** on TV because it was something you HAD TO SEE IN PERSON.

12. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Bingo. If the silver bullet is Osuna (which we always hear he is) and you feel this is the outs you have to have in GAME 7 you use him.Then you have Cole waiting, otherwise ket Zack roll another batter.

We have to face it, Hinch had a Dave Roberts moment! (his good friend BTW)

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I personally trusted harris more than osuna, idk

Surfguy likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Greinke’s leash is shorter because he can’t rare back and blow hitters away in key moments. He relies on smarts and control to beat hitters. He also hasn’t pitched into the seventh inning in any postseason start.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not getting hits with RISP was the ultimate problem in this game.

16. Rock Block

Supporting Member

What does him jogging around or being ready has to do with my statement? I'm all for using Cole but you start the inning with him or you let Zack roll. Take a shot. Relax. I'm not the manager or a player. Not my call so go work over something else if you dont like my opinion

phasors28 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

How about scoring more than 2 runs in Game 6 or Game 7?

Rustyrig, lw17, Jake Tower and 7 others like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Its all hindsight. I was just for leaving Greinke in to go against another batter OR letting Cole START the inning. If not let Osuna get those outs but it didnt work out, not the end of the world and certaintly not the end of the Astros.

clutchdabear, Elie#17 and RustyHarden like this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

It doesn't matter you weren't going to win scoring 2 runs anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.