1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea sentences U.S Student to 15 years hard labor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they went overboard on tasing him and he had a heart attack which is what destroyed his brain. Can't see the N Koreans thinking their plan was to put him into a vegetative state and keep him like that for a year.

3. MexAmercnMoose

typical American traveling the world thinking they can do whatever they want, especially in third world countries...follow the rules...better yet, don't even go there

krnxsnoopy and Rocket River like this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hard labor in North Korea means HARD LABOR. They ain't playing around.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Because people like you . . . only give a sh*t about white people
    Probably don't even see anyone that is not Straight White Male as people . . . .
    and
    that is sad

You are exactly what we think you are

Rocket River

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an interesting theory. To me, race is just another irrelevant factor in these kinds of stories, you are the one always harping on what race a person is and I'm the one always talking about the facts of any given situation. You base your entire opinion about any given story on the race of those involved. If it was a black man that was effectively tortured to death in North Korea, you'd be outraged, since it wasn't, you are almost happy about it. In another thread, you side with a rapist simply because he's a black man. I guarantee you were one of the idiots going to bat for OJ back in the day.

On top of that, how many stories do you get all worked up about that you wouldn't give a second thought about if the race of those involved were different? Would you care about Sandra Bland acting like a crazy person turning a warning ticket into an arrest and then hanging herself in jail if she were anything other than black? I guarantee you would not. Hard to test that theory though because if Sandra Bland was anything other than black it wouldn't have been a story to begin with. Crazy lady does crazy stuff then kills herself just isn't something people care about unless they can use that story to further a narrative.

I don't think you realize that you are a racist and perhaps it's not your fault, you may have just been raised wrong, I can't say for sure. For the longest time the whole "Rocket Racist" thing was just a joke, but it's become a bit tiresome as of late.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

DPRK straight up kidnaps people. Torture, killing their family, brainwashing. That's just what they do. To prove the japanese kids they nabbed in the 80's didn't want to live in japan anymore they let them visit their family in japan (with their kids still in NK at gunpoint)

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the NK guards really hated him for taking away their political banner and tortured him. Many view their leader as god.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Must be Bobby. He seem to enjoy putting down black folks as if they are not worth anything. Love the attention. Kind of sick and sad. Best to ignore.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*cackle*
    1. As state . . if this guys was black . .. . you and most like you would not give a d*mn . . . So in a sense maybe I would have been the Lorax
    Since the majority don't give a **** . . .someone has to speak up for the minority

99 out of hundred will speak for the majority . . . what is my additional voice to the 100
    but
    on the other hand .. . 99 out of hundred won't speak for a minority . . . so my lone voice has to give them some light

I am the Lorax for minorities . . . .. I speak for them because surely you and yours will sweep them under the rub and act like they don't exist

Rocket River

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, I get that you are saying that, but it's an objectively stupid thing to say. The reason people care is because he was an American who was essentially tortured to death by North Korea. If he was a black man, it would be no different. Now that said, if he was a different nationality, then sure no one would give a damn in the states......but that's not what you were saying. You were pushing an absolutely moronic racial narrative and that's why you get called out for it.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is a waste of life.

He could've been anyone's son. Even the president's.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

All we are missing now is a bag of skittles and iced tea.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What motivates someone to go to North Korea?
    Such a bad idea.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . .. basically. . it's ok for america to abuse americans .. . . .only an issue when a non american does it?

Rocket River

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe it was stolen, State cameras don't lie.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not okay for anyone to abuse anyone.....the problem is that you seem to think it's "abuse" when a criminal attacks a police officer and gets shot as a result or when a crazy woman turns a warning ticket into an arrest and then hangs herself in prison simply because of the races of those involved in the cases.

No one thinks it's okay for anyone to be truly abused, and you probably know that despite your ridiculous narrative.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean the same woman who wasn't proffessionally trained in conflict resolution and explcitly told the officer to to give her the ticket and move on with it which offended the proffesinally trained deescalater to the point where he forcibly removed her from the car? That same woman?

#138 fchowd0311, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except there were no signs of torture at all. No scars or evidence of trauma. It doesn't not appear they tortured him in a way that guards would torture someone. He is a high valued prisoner - they use these as chips. They are too valuable to let die.

The fact that they would keep him on life support shows they did not want him to die. They obviously didn't care to much about his life but I don't think their intention was this result.

20. hvic

hvic Member

I'm surprised that the family does not want an autopsy