1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more bids for Rockets flashseats tickets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Enemysquad, Oct 4, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Except that the Rockets do not allow STH to sell their tickets for 40% less than the box office price. STH could accept bids to get around that.

The Rockets chose to eliminate competition with their own STHolders. Petty if you ask me.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can still print tickets and sell them for any pice you want the old fashioned way...on eBay or Craigslist ;)

For online sales, Price floors exist for all teams, pretty sure, whether bidding is turned on or not.I agree that I don't understand the purpose of a price floor, but seems like it isn't just a Rockets thing.

3. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

You can't print them if they're flashseats

4. heypartner

Sorry, I worded that wrong. STHs don't have to use flashseats. They can get printed versions still, and sell any old-fashioned way.

they can also convert those to flashseats paperless version later if they want.

5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

man i hope tillman fertita gets toyota center packed with real fans again.. make these prices affordable, and if ou dont show up someone can take your ticket

6. W.P.

W.P. Member

Last season, I tried selling tickets to a few games I could not go to, but flashseats will not let me set the buy it now price for less than 80% of the face value. Also, I would get some offers that I wanted to accept, but there was an error message because the price was too low.

You could get floor seats for around $100.00 on flash seats and I have bought club level seats worth over $300 for $35 on flash seats.

I think that they want to make more money from tickets by making them harder to find on the secondary market at a huge discount. Also, I think that they don’t want the average person to be able to sit in the “good seats” next to the wealthy.

7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

We need to start a petition clutchfans.. only way i got to go to the games was because of flash seats. And I know I’m not the only one. I’m afraid this have some effect on attendance, but not in a good way.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think this puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

Tillman must fix.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Now that there isn’t any bidding on Flash Seats, do people still consider it the best place to get tickets? Has SeatGeek surpassed it?

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I love SeatGeek, lol.

11. heypartner

No. Flashseats is where the Rockets tickets actually are. From what I can gather, Seatgeek is acting as a third party listing service.

Since the Rockets send season ticket holders their electronic tickets to Flashseats, I'd think it will always have biggest selection/market. It's just so easy for STHs to sell. In fact, when you buy Rockets tickets at Seatgeek, it looks like you have to download the Flashseats app. Seatgeek is just a broker app that connects buyer to seller, but then the transaction itself is via email confirmation and flashseats accounts.

Bottomline: season tickets holders for the Rockets cannot convert their tickets to a format uploadable to Seatgeek, so it's still a flashseat app transfer in the end.

Here's from their Terms of Use
    • the ticket(s) are NOT ‘paperless tickets’, ‘flash seats’, ‘will call only’ tickets. Since these cannot be transferred by our delivery methods, you may not list them for sale on any SeatGeek Offering;

Here's what you see at the buyers payment page: Tickets will be transferred to you via a third-party mobile app

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re right...I bought tickets to the home opener today off SeatGeek for the 1st time but had to use my Flash Seats app in order to get the tickets

heypartner likes this.
  13. heypartner

Thx for confirming how it works.

14. DanielV

DanielV Member

I bought tickets off of Stubhub for my friend and they transfer you tickets in flash seats as well.

15. tochiee22

We need bidding!!
    Can’t believe they’re giving us broke fans the shaft
    What happens when less people buy tickets to the games this effecting attendance.. will they flip the switch back on??

16. tochiee22

I say we make our own ticket marketplace and call it clutchseats.. will work the same as flash seats except you can bid and sellers and price the tickets at wtv price..

Brilliant!

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

What is your price range? I saw tickets starting at around $30.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

There is one huge caveat to your argument. Eliminating the bid/ask spread reduces liquidity in second hand markets, and ultimately allows bigger discrepancies in price between resellers.

It's abudently clear that this move in no way benefits fans, and as such, I've begun to doubt their decision making ability, and, in turn, will never spend money there again.

19. heypartner

Why blame flashseats. It's a Rockets decision. I mean, stubhub, ticketmaster and seatgeek don't do "auctions," either. Plus, other teams at flashseats still have bidding turning on.

Keep in mind: I'm only posting here to dispel the idea that flashseats sucks, and to go other places. That idea hurts the real Season Ticket Holders looking to sell the games that they can't go to. Their tickets are at flashseats, and they can't really transfer them somewhere else. And even if they could, what other sites are offering auctions?

See @Reeko's comment above about how Seatgeek makes both buyer and seller use the flashseats app, anyway. It's just a listing service with a very cool UI, but with an arcane transaction exchange that at the end tells you to use another app. The tickets are at flashseats.

Call the Rockets if you are upset.

If you want to complain to the Rockets, here's some info.

fwiw: it never was a pure auction like eBay. There was no ability to set the auction, then walk away, and at close, the highest bidder wins. The seller still had to manually accept the bid they want, or lower the price. So the game of posting really low bids looking for a desperation sell, or an inattentive seller, usually never works. There is no automatic sell feature, aside from Buy Now.

So, when I was selling, I got no useful bid info vs just looking at what the sells are. I just had to drop my Buy Now price to succeed. It's equal amount of work as at stubhub, ticketmaster, etc.

Why would the Rockets decide to tell flashseats to turn off bidding? Not sure, but they surely want people to go to the games and buy food/drinks. They have no incentive to leave tickets unused.

Call the Rockets to complain. That's what Cavs fans did. And they got bidding turned back on.

#39 heypartner, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  20. tochiee22

Where do we call???