1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Yeah, it's bit venomous and hypocritical to go on a Twitter crusade against men exercising their 1st amendment rights to against institutional injustices, while person in question celebrated and champion a horrible despot, while questioning and ridiculing his own intelligence agencies in somewhat treasonous behavior.

edwardc likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

#402 NewRoxFan, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  3. NewRoxFan

Miami Dolphins organization stepping back from announced player protest policy...

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not lose focus on what matters here: the president who threw our intelligence agencies and the western alliance under the bus last week now gets to lecture us on patriotism.

Jturbofuel and edwardc like this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That false narrative is hilarious no matter how many times it gets repeated.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Watson gets injured again and I have to watch some scrub play QB, my ass is kneeling before every game too.

Jturbofuel and edwardc like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

This is the path the NFL should had taken, instead of listening to the cheeto in the white house.

9. NewRoxFan

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Here we go again. Trump and the GOP are high fiving each other right about now. They know they can’t run on the tax cuts or gutting ObamaCare but they can rile their base up again on “spoiled black athletes”.

I was with my super conservative family members this week and this got brought up. I asked if even knew why they were protesting and they couldn’t even tell me. My mom (bless her heart) literally said “because they hate America”. I asked her if she’s ever heard one player actually say that, and she lied and said yes.

Mind you this is right after we had a conversation about “alternative facts” where people live in their own reality based on where they get their news. Literally everyone at the table agreed that this is an issue.

This is why the Trump OP still have a “base”. They are easy to manipulate and project their own lies and fantasy on everyone else. It’s not me, it’s you! They are told that everyone else does what they are guilty of in their little racist echo chamber bubble of ignorance.

The folks we see here argue for Trump (we know who they are) actually sound intelligent as opposed to what Trumps base actually is. I still love my family and think they try to be good people when reality happens the Christian values take over and can help them know what the right thing is at that time, but when it comes to their view points social-politically .... they are a lost cause.

This whole kneeling thing will actually work in Trumps favor and hate that it’s happening at the worst possible time. There is nothing NOTHING more important than winning at least the House back in November. Putting “spoiled blacks” on the ballot actually gives little ignorant racist FoxNews voters something to motivate them.

#410 dobro1229, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  11. NewRoxFan

"Be happy, be cool"??? smh...

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Most fans, if standing proudly and focusing on the flag, aren't able to see the players taking a knee. Why are the photographers not being singled out by the President? Many clearly are not standing with respect for the flag during the anthem.

superfob and edwardc like this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

And that's no including all of the vendors and people using the restroom ,walking around,and chit chatting he hasn't and will not say anything about it.

14. NewRoxFan

Like we need more proof...

15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If they help the Texans win the super bowl they can stand on their heads with the middle fingers in the air during the anthem.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Still waiting on the title of this thread to be corrected for its glaring inaccuracy. The NFL never said they were going to fine players or personnel.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Stay out of it POTUS

18. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

NFLPA confirmed that 48.5% of NFL revenue goes to the players...so, no, most of the money doesn't go to the players.

19. Granville

Granville Member

Whether or not the players have a valid reason to protest, they have chosen to conduct that protest In offensive manner. Right after the PA Announcer asks for the crowd to rise to honor America and they do the opposite is disrespecting this country. To say different is a damn lie. To say by doing this they are doing anything to bring people of different opinion to their side is also a lie. There are many other opportunities, year round I might add, to find positive methods of bringing attention to their cause.

TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

Well it is starting to look like I will NOT be watching any NFL games this year.