1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 27, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

It makes sense for ESPN to pump up exciting new quarterbacks for ratings, and Mahomes looks great so far.

But man, the way they are slobbering all over his every move is embarrassing. They talked about a left handed shovel pass like it was the greatest play in sports history.

2. Buck Turgidson

This is his 7th year in the NFL and he was 2nd team All Pro 2 years ago.

Swiss Roll and Pringles like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pat Mahomes = Football Steph Curry

4. Buck Turgidson

I've played and watched organized football for 30 years and I'm pretty sure I've never seen that.

I would fully expect that if you swapped Deshaun and Mahomes they would be having similar years with their respective teams. Mahomes is truly impressive, but he has a whole lot more to work with (namely a coach and an OL).

Uprising likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Mahomes arm is much stronger. He might have the best arm in the league. The one where he threw to the opposite sideline while running the other way was insane.

6. Buck Turgidson

Yes, everyone knows this.

Mahomes made about 6 plays (I thought he might have over the LOS on the one you're talking about, close but not) that were just ludicrously good.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Mahomes is great, I'd still take Watson. Watson's first 6 games were more impressive than Mahomes games so far. Especially considering what Watson has to work with.

8. buffalobills!!!

Of course the Chiefs traded up with the Bills for Mahomes, of course. To be fair, the Chiefs did give up a lot to go get him and I thought that was a good trade for the Bills at the time.