1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Just because they've made their controllers compatible with the next generation doesn't suddenly make a lot of their practices non-anti-consumer. That's a red herring.

Please, if you can...show me where I said Sony didn't do anything anti-consumer. I never compared them to Microsoft, I said I was done with Microsoft and buying a PlayStation. I never compared the two.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im not saying it is. I didnt like Xboxs proprietary hard drives for the 360, the mic outlets on the controllers and so on and so on. I was just pointing out that they are taking a step in the right direction. That direction being a huge one btw. Controllers are expensive and households generally have 2. Not having to buy an extra controller is gonna be a huge loss for their sales, unless the new system doesnt come with one. In that case, Im gonna be pissed.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're acting like they're doing something huge here, when they aren't. They're literally just continuing what they've been doing. They see this as an additional Xbox in an existing ecosystem, them making a new controller that isn't backwards / forwards compatible would be shooting themselves in the foot. Sony on the other hand destroyed them in previous systems sold and they realize they can take risks with making a new controller. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying they know that people are going to buy the new system regardless of whether they have to buy new controllers or not.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think youre holding a grudge and being biased from your situation, on this not being a big deal. Never has a company made a controller backwards compatible for a new console. Fan boys were going to buy it regardless and have that extra controller from past, but its gonna sway some of the consumers with both systems of the previous generation decide on which new console to get with this compatibility. It just saves them money in the long run.

Also, they didnt have reinvent the wheel on the next gen controller, they just had to tweak stuff here and there and made it solely compatible with the next gen, but they gave the consumer the choice to use a previous one. Pretty awesome imo.

Blatz likes this.
  5. Beezy

Beezy Member

PlayStation DualShock controllers actually worked on PS2 so that’s not something new. There’s a few other examples like Wii remotes.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I was looking at the deal for Xbox All Access where you can upgrade to the series x when it comes out or after the equivalent of 18 payments (if I read it right) it would be $479 (24 payments) + $20 upgrade fee.. $499 .. Was considering it but it is all sold out.I would have gotten a replacement and have series x on the way for launch.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The way I understood it, you'd still have to pay for the XSX via a new Xbox All Access plan (I guess XSX's price divided by 24 monthly payments), though it can be reduced if you decide to trade in the current-gen Xbox. The additional $20 upgrade fee is only if you're upgrading from the digital Xbox One S I believe. I might have misunderstood it, but I think that makes sense.

Not a bad deal I guess, especially if you want a current-gen Xbox, but I'd probably just wait until the XSX launches and get that without upgrading.

Well I guess you don't have a choice if they're sold out, but I could see this getting pushed again when the console launches. Maybe they stopped selling it (I think all current-gen Xbox consoles are discontinued?), and they're just readying some new bundles for the launch. Could probably have a Lockhart plan that lets you upgrade to XSX after 18 months (or something) as well. Probably bundle Xcloud in with this as well.

Blatz likes this.
  8. Blatz

I think you're right.so now I'm waiting for the pre-orders. Even if I could have signed up and knowing the luck I've had with the xbox ones I'd get a defected one or spill something on it voiding it when it came time to send it back for the upgrade.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Blatz

I guess after thankfully skipping Anthem, playing The Division 2, opening loot crates and chasing small gear upgrades on the same missions until the rest of the game is slowly released I'll pass on this Marvel skinned version. This game never seemed interesting to me other than playing Hulk

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I haven't seen a single person say they didn't like it outside of media people. I'll judge for myself. Idgaf what some random YouTuber thinks.

First thing homeboy says is this isn't the type of game he usually plays, lol. Clickbait title? Check.

Like I said, I'll form my own opinion when I play it.

#191 seclusion, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  12. Beezy

Beezy Member

The Avengers beta is ok, but it runs like absolute **** on a regular PS4. Drops to 720p and framerates in the teens combined with massive amounts of motion blur make it nauseating to play. Definitely needs the next gen updates.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hopefully it's just poor optimization of an old build. My best guess is it will run well on a PS5 or perhaps a PS4 Pro. I'm playing on PC and have a decent video card, so hopefully I can run it at 1440p.

14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Will Congress pass a Xbox series X or PS5 Relief Bill so that every household in America one of these consoles by the holiday season?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Literally gonna buy a PS5 just for NBA 2K21, Madden 21, Fifa 21, and The Show. And then probably let it collect dust for the next 8 years minus watching a few Blu-Rays and some PS5 exclusives here and there.

16. RC Cola

Halo Infinite delayed to 2021. A bit surprised they actually did this given how important the game is to the launch, but it is probably for the best given its poor showing recently. "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever." (Well I guess patches change that, but I still like the quote :p)

MS also confirmed a launch in November for XSX:
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/11/xbox-series-x-launching-with-thousands-of-games/

tinman likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Good , that's what smart developers do. they delay their product til it's ready.

speaking of good developers

Invisible Fan, RC Cola and Blatz like this.
  18. RC Cola

DF talks about the delay decision. They mention that maybe 343 should just drop support for the Xbox One. At this point in development, I'm not sure that would really help that much, but maybe they could push things a bit more. What does everyone else think? I'm not a big Halo fan, nor would be interested in playing on Xbox One (I'd either check it out on PC or XSX), but maybe there are some people that would be very upset if it skipped Xbox One.

The video also talks about some other next-gen stuff, including more Xbox Series S talk and speculation about next-gen pricing.

Blatz and tinman like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Well Halo multiplayer was pretty fun , I like the old school team death match games.

The story is alright and it's much less generic than call of duty stories

the best part of the story mode is using all the vehicles

It use to be the king of multiplayer until COD took over then now we got the battle Royales like Fortnite

20. Blatz

Never did become a Halo fan. I tried but every time I would start playing there was something about it that would turn me off to it. I have the last game, Halo 5 (?) and the master chief collection but haven't ever installed them. I think I installed Halo 5 and played it for 10 or 20 minutes. What ever it was it didn't last long