1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New viral social media "prank" injuring children

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just a heads up to any parents on here who haven't seen this yet, I'm sure most schools have talked to the kids about this by now, but by chance some haven't, might want to talk to your kids about it. It's been reported that children have died from this, it's a "Tik Tok" thing I believe.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

saw this dumb sh*t last week...kids will do anything for likes and retweets...set themselves on fire, eat tide pods, and now potentially seriously injure somebody

all the kids doing this nonsense need their ass whooped

let me have done something like this and actually injured someone...my parents would have beat my ass...my mom would give me the appetizer and tell me to wait until my dad gets home for the main course

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

obviously incredibly dumb overall...

but hard to tell from the video, in that specific case, was the girl just thinking she was just jumping and not being tripped? If so, **** those ****ers that did that.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes the prank is two people on each side of one person jumps, and they tell the person in the middle who has no idea of whats going to jump as high as they can after them, and then they sweep the middle persons legs. The person being "pranked' doesn't know what they are doing, they think they are just making a video of them jumping.

As you can see, this can cause death and severe brain damage depending on the surface and how the persons head lands.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Social media has tapped into the dumbest side of humanity. Those two shitstains laughing while their friend was CLEARLY unconscious triggered the **** out of me. Yeah, traumatic brain injuries are HILARIOUS! One of my friends passed away in high school because she fell out of a truck bed and hit her head on the concrete.

EDIT: I'm referring to the video in the post above mine btw

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ kids are stupid. I was among the stupidest, so I'm just thankful this wasn't a thing 20 years ago.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is why you don’t allow your children on social media. And stay off yourself.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The second one was haunting, hard to believe he’d instantly die like that but could very well severed his spinal cord

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Did Dodger fans come up with this?

Invisible Fan and dmoneybangbang like this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Welcome to three months ago

bobrek likes this.
  11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Looks like fun. Growing up we used to play one hitter quitter until the cops told us to stop.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Isn't this how the Warriors guard Harden's stepback 3?

13. Buck Turgidson

Buncha future face tattoo afficionados.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Better than eating detergent....?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is this the new trust fall I've been hearing about?

16. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I'm thinking about what was being done 20 years ago, and I'm pretty sure kids were doing dumb a** sh*t as well just no social media to keep on the internet forever. I remember 20 years ago while i was in junior high, guys were chocking each other out to get some sort of high. I was shocked at how stupid this was, but there was a crowd gathered around to see who would do it next. Kids are going to dumb sh*t and there is nothing to stop them, it just gets more magnified with social media. I think i can make a solid list of stupid things done by kids while I was growing up. Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to join in. Appears the stupid kids grew up and multiplied.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

They beat you with a tree branch or with fists?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

mostly a belt

my mom’s favorite was her slipper...she had good aim with it too...she would throw that thing like Patrick Mahomes and connect every time

Blurr#7 and Air Yordan like this.
  19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Luckily, I haven't seen this happening in my school. Teaching junior high, kids are stupid in the ways you don't really expect them to be stupid. A lot do not think about consequences before they act and/or haven't developed empathy yet. They don't know what the difference between being funny and being an ******* is. Especially 8th graders.

RunninRaven and jiggyfly like this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If they're dumb enough to do it, then let em lol.