1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Fantasy Game Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by tingalingy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

Alright, the NBA has been postponed, so while we're waiting I thought I'd see if anyone wants to play a fantasy game I've devised. It's not like much of anything else I've seen around. I really think it's entertaining, and am in search of others who might be interested.

I'd like to try a two week test run with four people first (preferably from Houston first, just so we could meet if needed), just to work out the kinks that I'm sure will occur. Then we'll open it up to other people.

Anyone bored as I am and wanting to try something new? Should take a few hours a week. And who knows, if it ever becomes popular, you could say that you were among the first to play.

Jon

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dude, are you going to kill people?

3. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

Nah, break some ankles, a facial from time to time. I prefer to make you live with the shame.

Actually, I'll be the commish this time around. I want other people's perspective and to see how they play the game.

Jon

4. woodtee

woodtee Member

Sure, I'll try. What the heck! HOw do we play?

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I was gonna say, usually you give the aspects of the game or groundrules, this is sounding to much like some don't drink the kool-aid mess. :eek:

I mean I seriously doubt anyone here steals your game if you post the basics.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Alright. Let's hear it.
    I'm down.

7. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

Alright,

I shoulda posted a little info on it before. I call it GM 2020. Basically, you become the GM of a real team at some point in the past (like April 2006, when DM was hired).

You make whatever moves you want to as long as they are permissible in reality (although some trades can be made if the players are close enough to each other in reality). You make better free agent acquisitions, you make better draft choices, you make better trades. You search through databases of player movement and construct the best team possible.

It differs because you don't need a current year to play. The competition year is whatever year you want in the past.

So, this page can be a practice page. Let's have a competition that begins prior to the 2006 season, with the competition year in 2010. I'll answer questions as they come.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That sounds kind of wack man, can you provide some sort of alcohol beverages at least?

9. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

10. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

Sure, straight up or something with an umbrella?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON