1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets and Lakers attack Morey in backroom meeting with Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Oct 14, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Lebron has started his "More than Athlete" Nike campaign

Goes out and says "Hey I'm just an athlete what do I know?"

MrSabotage, JeffB, MrButtocks and 3 others like this.
  2. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Reminds me why I was never a lebron fan... what a puss... all about the Benjamin's, huh?

MrSabotage, RasaqBoi, SORF and 6 others like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

So LeBron doesn't have enough information to comment, but he has enough to know that Morey "wasn’t educated on the situation"?

Give me a f%$king break.

RasaqBoi, RayRay10, ipa and 9 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can't tell if you're an idiot or just a moron.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lebron is a ****ing idiot. This isn’t a deep issue. One side is tyrannical government that covers up mass murder. STFU

6. MultipleSauces

The revenge of the LOFS

7. PatBev

PatBev Member

But lebron first one to cry when someone tells him to shut up and dribble

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think it is time for Morey to un-delete his tweet.

If it has rustled Lakers jimmies, its worth doing 1000 times over.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. He moved from team to team his whole career. LA suits him. I've always hated the Lakers, and never loved LeBron. If you look up words in the dictionary that rhyme with sick, you might just find his name under the definition of the ones starting with D or P.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The NBA is predominately watched by minorities, so it doesn’t really work that way in reality. Left leaning comments far and away benefit the league more than they hurt it.

The problem is that HK doesn’t directly affect minorities in the US the way police brutality does, so they don’t really care.

One death is a tragedy. A million is a statistic.

joshuaao and malakas like this.
  11. Handles

Handles Member

Give him a break, he doesn't want to get into a word.. uh... a sentence with Daryl MorAY.

We all know LeBron is 10x more educated than Daryl... you don't have to go to college or measly MIT to see it.

Richie_Rich, bobloblaw and malakas like this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron debating Morey about Hong Kong
    And losing would destroy the world
    Lol

LeBron pandering to China

he’s Les Bron
    @J.R. @Jontro

Jontro, bobloblaw and J.R. like this.
  13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I love how this formulation removes China’s agency so Morey gets the blame.

Think of the damage we did to world peace and economic security by sending Jesse Owens to the 1936 Olympics.

D-rock, buck711, Pizza_Da_Hut and 7 others like this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This.

Lebitch is a stupid SOB.

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish someone in the media would ask him that exact question and force a comment. Watch him reel.

16. Senator

Senator Member

This needs to be emphasized

If you talk trash about white males, authority, the system or the government in an urban league, it makes you money
    It increases your brand value in the US

If you do that about Chinese males, authority, system or governement it loses you money
    Your brand gets halved

That is what celebrity politics is based on, not "mmorality" "justice" or "equality"

it needs to be taught in schools that if you like Steve kerr, enjoy him as a sportsperson
    But do not listen to him
    He does not understand beyond lining his pockets

17. Miracle

Miracle Member

I had seen comments that suggested conflict of interest in other posts.

Some events related to the Nets were canceled in Shanghai as well. The exposure of the Lakers vs. Nets games was limited to the minimum in China. If Tsai was working closely with the government for his own interest, I do not think the ban would even be expanded to the entire NBA after the Rockets were banned.

Meanwhile, routing Rockets fans to the Nets is not as easy as you may think. Some fans could drop their attention on NBA entirely. Some could still side with the Rockets. And others have their freedom to switch to whichever team they want to root for. I have not seen much efforts targeting the Nets as of now. Actually, on Chinese forums, one primary destination for the Rockets fans seems to be the Warriors.

The letter could definitely gain him some support from Chinese fans. But meanwhile, as the only Chinese in the NBA Board of Governors, he was also attempting to help Silver to put out some fire within the US. It is hard to say which is the primary intention.

Also, every Chinese with basic political awareness knows how troublesome that tweet is. Tsai's overall description in that letter was to the point.

Many incidents like this had happened before on other companies. All of those companies issued apologies and took further actions that were accepted by most Chinese. It is just that Morey and Silver did not follow the traditional crisis playbook for China because of the backlash in the US. Therefore the repercussion from the government was stronger.

#77 Miracle, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  18. fattz

fattz Member

And the Rockets are already capped out with long term contracts, chess baby, chess

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The equivalent of this was when NFL owners were losing money because of Kaepernick. Yet some of these same NBA players stood by Kaep. Like I said, when it’s your own interests and money involved, all the hypocrisy comes out because you want to keep being greedy. The NBA already pays its players well, better than any other US sports league. You can’t have it both ways. If you’re gonna allow players to comment on social issues, any gm or employee will have the same right. Silver backed Morey on this for that reason, he isn’t going to be a hypocrite and have him face consequences for it. These players are complete hypocrites.

20. riko

riko Member

Aboth and add troll who posts with multiple ids here and replies to himself to.Cheke is a well known troll

D-rock likes this.