1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Stranger Things

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. Buck Turgidson

Yep, I'm in.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I liked the other trailer better. just saying

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Season 3 was just made available on Netflix 2 minutes ago. We will see how long I can stay up.

TheRedRanger likes this.
  6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Only 8 episodes?

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

What a season. To be honest, I would be completely satisfied if this was the last season because...

I have no idea how they're going to re-integrate the Byers family if there's a season 4. I guess you don't technically need to, since the Mind Flayer was destroyed (so don't need Will) and Hopper's story is done (so don't need momma Byers).

Also, who becomes the legal guardian of Max? If memory serves, Billy was her guardian, right? And he's dead now...

So, I wonder what they would do for a season 4...

The 8th episode is two hours long. So it's like a 9-ep season, essentially.

But all 8 episodes are quality. As was the case with the past 2 seasons.

bobloblaw likes this.
  8. likestohypeguy

Three episodes into s3 I'm a little disappointed so far. I feel like they just don't have anything left in the creative tank anymore. Just spinning wheels.

Still love the picture, everything is beautiful, & sound (the synths and BASS), but feel like they are fully depending on that. More and more vintage microwaves and electronics in LNIB condition vs. original story ideas. Most annoying, they are abusing the established integrity of a few characters, especially the sheriff... he went that deep off the edge? Just can't see it.

I'll try again, later. I'm sure I'll make it through, but this is a huge drop off to me.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Steve's team should get their own spin off. They are great, and Steve is easily the best character in the show.

gatsby, VanityHalfBlack and bobloblaw like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

It gets way better. To me, it's the most binge-able season yet.

11. likestohypeguy

Thanks, I'll stick with it eventually. Certain to retry in a bit.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I found the first half a bit boring with the second half picking up quite a bit. Overall I am a bit disappointed. That said, I wasn't waiting for the release either. My expectations were a bit low in the first place.

For a show that has been hell bent on details, I am not sure how they could have justified putting massive mall in some podent little town. Also, I might have missed the reason, but why were the Russians trying to open the portal in the first place? And how did anyone not notice that massive excavation that would have taken place underground? Again, for a show that is all about details ....

Sajan and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It was decent but just way too short. You would think they could do a 13 episode arc for a show this popular. Just went by so quick.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The show has never been about details when it comes to the fantastical elements of the plots. It’s imitating absurd 80’s films like Red Dawn to show how paranoid Americans were of a Russian threat that was never realistic. It’s kind of the point.

I loved the new season possibly even more than the 1st. The 2nd season felt stale to me, but I could definitely rewatch this season.

A lot of the criticisms I’ve read seem to hinge on characters being stereotypes like Hopper. The show can be progressive while displaying characters that have stupid opinions, and that’s usually why they’re showing a character acting stupidly.

#394 bobloblaw, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If the unstoppable Russian guy wasn’t meant to have the viewer constantly have flashes back to “Terminator”, then I must be looney tunes!

The Real Shady likes this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13 or 30?

gatsby and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  17. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

The first 7 eps I perhaps didn’t like quite as much as the first two seasons (though still good)... that said, the finale was phenomenal.

Hopper’s death/sacrifice felt brave. It was impactful and led to that tear-jerking monologue at the end, and I kinda hope they don’t cheapen it by bringing him back.

Really looking forward to season 4.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Jimmy Fallon had the cast on the other night to promote the new season. When they came out I first thought damn, Winona is looking young these days, she must have had some work done. Took me a few seconds to realize it was Eleven and was shocked.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have different friends that are in the music industry and they have had her on lists to see different bands. I would assume there is some partying going on.

20. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Stranger Things has this uncanny ability to pull everything together so perfectly by the end of the season. Season two and three both, I felt initially it could end up disappointing only to be so very wrong. And I appreciate how the Duffers don't just copy the success of the first season. Sure, the plot structure is pretty much the same, but the themes and focal points and tone are always a bit different.

99 percent sure Hopper is alive cause he slipped into the upside down. Why? They focus on the gate as he's looking for an escape route, theres multiple shots of the vacant platform after the explosion, there's precedent for characters returning, and a major character like him wouldn't die off screen when nameless Russians die on screen. 50/50 whether the American at the Russian base is Hopper or Brenner. I'm thinking it's Brenner and Hopper is stuck in the Upside Down. Love the coming of age issues the characters must deal with and the splitting of the party. Again the Duffers are masters at connecting the plot threads so the group will find a way back together

Season 1: 10/10
    Season 2 and 3: 9.5/10

Season 3 MVP: Scoops Ahoy Crew
    6th Man: Murray/Alexei
    MIP: Billy
    ROY : Robin

Can't wait to see where the Duffers take these characters next.