1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix SciFi Animation Series] Love, Death & Robots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Buck Turgidson, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

This could be interesting. 18-part anthology series Exec produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller, described as “Sentient Dairy Products, Rogue Werewolf Soldiers, Robots Gone Wild, Sexy Cyborgs, Alien Spiders And Blood-thirsty Demons From Hell Converge In An 185-minute Genre Orgy Of Stories.”

Warning: the teaser trailer might give you a seizure, I actually watched it slowed down to half speed just to check out the various animation styles.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz @ "styles"

you know you slowed it down to "check out the various animated" sexy cyborgs

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Watched this. Some pieces are more interesting than others. Overall liked it.

Also made me go read some of the source material short stories on which the animated shorts are based. Highly recommend Ken Liu, who wrote Good Hunting

Rocket River likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm 2/3 in and there are more misses than hits. The better ones where the less serious takes and more meta. I don't recommend binge watching this.

I read Ken Liu's anthology and was pleasantly surprised.

There's a bunch of cg nudity which made me cringe because the count in that series was almost twice as much as what I've seen from all other Netflix originals combined.

Not the silicone bewbs I wanted to see.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah this show came up in my recommended feed while I was looking for 'The Animatrix.'

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It was okay, some of it was nudity just for the sake of nudity really.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's the first thing I thought of -- some of the animation is amazing deep into the uncanny valley.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It's definitely worth a look for the varied animation styles alone. Some stories are good, some just ok, and same with the voice acting/dialogue. Some needless gratuity as well.

My favorites: Sonnie's Edge (Ep1), Good Hunting (Ep8), Zima Blue (Ep14), Secret War (Ep18)

Very Solid: Three Robots (Ep2), Suits (Ep4), When the Yogurt Took Over (Ep6), The Dump (Ep 9), Helping Hand (Ep11), Fish Night (Ep12), Blindspot (Ep15)

Average: Shapeshifters (Ep10), Lucky 13 (Ep13)

Meh: Sucker of Souls (Ep5), Beyond the Aquila Rift (Ep7), Ice Age (Ep16), Alternate Histories (Ep17)

Neither loved it nor hated it but WTF: The Witness (Ep3)

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I agree with a lot of needless nudity. There were some good stories and some boring ones.

I liked Sonnie's Edge (E01), Suits (E04), Beyond the Aquila Rift (E07), Good Hunting (E08), Lucky 13 (E13)

These were okay: Three Robots (E02), The Witness (E03), Sucker of Souls (E05), The Dump (E09), Shape Shifters (E10), Helping Hand (E11), Blindspot (E15), Secret War (E18)

Didn't like: When the Yogurt Took Over (E06), Fish Night (E12), Zima Blue (E14), Ice Age (E16), Alternate Histories (E17)

#10 Duncan McDonuts, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  11. hooroo

hooroo Member

It looks more like:

Buck Turgidson and Torn n Frayed like this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The combination of the uncanny valley animation and nudity is kind of creepy. Also, seems the animators are going for some gender equity in their nudity. Quite a few pen15 shots to go with the b00bs.

13. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I would absolutely love a full length series on Beyond the Aquila Rift and Sonnie's Edge.