1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

He is not a playa he just crushes a lot.
    Loving the action but the preachy hitman looks like he got lost from Banshee and crossed over to the Marvel world.

arkoe likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hollywood used to be more openly anti-military. Now they know that won't fly, so instead they typically portray vets as broken, disillusioned, incapable of functioning in society, worthy of our pity.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did not know it started yet

Rocket River

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not great. probably good thing its going to get cancelled.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm sold by the bathroom scene. Very promising so far.

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Marathoned it over the weekend. Action scenes were good but the plot sucked IMO. Not a vet, but didn't like the portrayal of vets in the show as being one bad influence away from becoming a street gang, or the fact that it originated from a group that talked in therapy once a week.

These are men that are talking about their PTSD yet are dealing with a trained killer the likes of which they have never seen before, even in military combat. I just find it hard to believe that so many would be easily recruited or willing to die for such stupid causes as robbing quickie cash marts. Or want to stick around by a guy that kills his own men for no particular reason. It's like they took an element from Fight Club because they thought it was cool and decided to give Billy that type of persuasion with own little gang.

The doctor also threw me off. I get that she was distorted herself, but I find it hard to believe she never developed any relationships (even friendships) in college, post-grad, med school or in a professional environment. Or that she wouldn't be forced into some therapy immediately as a kid to deal with her own personal demons. I get that some people can be warped like that but I just didn't find it very believable. Also the doc just up and stopped practicing her job about midway through the season. I'd skip ahead past Billy and the doc's scenes as much as I could.

I mean in a real life setting, if I had a colleague who just stopped showing up to their job, I would reach out to that party out of concern to see if they're okay.

Last thing is just how so many people should be dead or a potato from some of the impact damage these guys are taking. I've dropped 25 lb. plate on my big toe before just a foot or so above the ground and it was excruciating. I can't imagine a full force shot with one of those to the head repeatedly would be good for my health. But good ole' Frank Castle and weight lifters can just walk it off for the most part. I get that this requires just suspending your disbelief but some of ass kickings Matt Murdoc has taken seem more believable in surviving than what I saw this season from Frank Castle. I mean how do you knocked out on the ground with multiple lacerations all over your body and coughing up blood just up and kill 7 people with crowbars while prone and defenseless on the ground? Even the directors knew there was no believable way to have Frank survive that so they just skip ahead to where he's barging through the escape door guns a blazing. It was the biggest wtf moment for me.

A few other things. What's the moral of this season? That Frank should no longer be merciful with anyone that's done wrong? That's all I get from it. He saved the life of that billionaire he held at gunpoint, the Russian mob guy in the gym, the child p*rn studio guy and Billy last season. Last scene is him shooting up a gang we know nothing about and before that finishing what he should have in Season 1.

Daredevil Season 3 was about redemption. Season 2 of the Punisher is about mercilessness? I guess.

One last thing. What do you think Karen has to do for that medical examiner staff member that never gets eluded to the rest of the season? Yikes.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

the moral? Be old fashion, don't deal with any Russians?
    I thought they didn't develop jigsaw into a true villain either and his scars were chicken scratches.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. Entropy

Entropy Member

This show took a weird turn. Somehow it went from "Punisher" to "Agent Madani: Kill Billy". If it keeps up this way....

9. tallanvor

isnt the show over? Netflix has cancelled all the others right?

10. Beezy

Beezy Member

I'm on episode 8 and so far I'm disappointed. Strong start, but the villains are almost nonexistant and completely awful. The Punisher character is being neutered by the side characters. I liked Beth the bartender - wish the plot had focused on Frank and her instead of the teen sidekick.

Blurr#7, daywalker02 and arkoe like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I liked both characters and I prefer both ladies at the same time if possible.

For some reason I like the show. I don't completely remember the 1st season but this one seems at least as good.

tinman likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where are the super villains?

[​IMG]

#132 daywalker02, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I finished episode 6 and the one scene between the doctor and Billy was just wtf.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

in Discord

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I liked it.
    Was so brutal . . . .. . gotta love that

Suspension of all belief is what makes it work
    I think they could have and should have developed Jigsaw more.
    I did not mind him and the Doc . . .reminded me of KingPin and his lady

Rocket River

16. red

red Contributing Member

just binged this. Used the skip 10 sec button quite a bit to gloss over the **** dialogue. All the characters sucked. story sucked. actors sucked minus the punisher. hot garbage in the end. outside of my top 3, they all sucked.

1. jessica jones s1
    2. daredevil s1
    3. punisher s1
    4.daredevil s2
    5.defenders
    6. jesica jones s2
    7. daredevil s3
    8. punisher s2
    9. luke cage s1
    10. luke cage s2
    11. iron fist s1
    12. iron fist s2

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Officer Hardin.

Guess Castiglione is the volume shooter.

#137 daywalker02, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Pretty much.

20. tallanvor