1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

The only weird thing about him is he has that same acting style of Rick from Walking Dead where they look around emotionally and Bernthal always rubs his head since Walking Dead. It's like a tick or habbit in his acting.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Thought it was great.

I love Bernthal though so may be biased.

Can someone explain if the journalist has any significance? Or was she included just to have the arc within this tv series make sense?

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She is his link to the rest of the Marvel Netflix Universe
    She is from the Daredevil Series where he was introduced

Rocket River

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

She is from Daredevil series and is a terrible actress.

I cringe every time they show her. Too much overacting.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Madani's mom has lots of bass when she talks
    She should be the next Batman

ghettocheeze, Blurr#7 and Ziggy like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Kind of getting tired of her turning up in all the shows I watch though, lol.

She's in The Expanse.
    She was in Grimm.
    She was in season 4 of 24 [we only watched 24 a few years ago]

I guess its not that much... just seems like more because her voice is so distinctive, so it seems like she plays a very similar character in everything...

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

do you watch it with a home theater setup or sound bar?

she's darth vader like

8. JayZ750

Ha... i can imagine.
    I just use normal sound!

The second I heard the voice (which was before they showed her) i kind of cringed. I don't dislike her, but at this point just wish they'd find a different actress.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I also remember her in a short-lived show called Flash Forward a few years ago.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Finished last night and reflecting on it now, it feels so many things were forced. Could have done with a shorter season for sure. It’s quite ridiculous how many times Frank gets hurt literally everytime he goes out and brushed it off with stitches lol.

All bullets bounce off other things?
    Also a lot of cheesy storylines with Sam, Madani, gov ect.
    Enjoyed it more than daredevil however the best period was the moment Lewis lost it to about episode 11.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4 episodes in so far. Not liking it much. No beef with the acting. More so the writing, production quality and story.

primtim24 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

I thought it was a great series, but agree about some of the random things that didn't make sense.

How about the fact that...

Sarah Lieberman had no idea who Frank was. This guy is like a Manson esque character as far as press goes, but apparently the Lieberman family had no idea, lol.

Even more random... Curtis. All Curtis does is say Frank showed up and saved me, Lewis was the terrorist here, the whole story in the news that Frank is a terrorist goes away.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Pretty meh.

Berenthal isn’t my fave, I liked that the violence was....well, violent...just kinda meh

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

@JayZ750 maybe him and Frank serving together would raise a few eyebrows to him having his back. Yea the Lieberman storyline was very weird, even the family reunion reactions were very unauthentic.

One more thing that irked me was usually the hero badass would slowly reveal more tricks/strength as the battles go on, however all those cards were shown from the beginning, just carelessly running at enemies. Nothing new was shown about his skills as the show went on. I know he’s the punisher but the whole walk into bullets thing is no longer appealing..

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just finished watching it and I give it a 7/10 overall. Surprised how violent it got during the final 2 episodes.

I do think this would've been better served at a solid 8-10 episodes instead of the bloated 13 episode season.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I stopped watching after binge watching to ep 8 on opening weekend. The last 5 are a lot better and violent as ****. In between eps 4-9 would just watch every other episode and hope you land the right ones...

That whole bomber subplot wasn't that great and played a part in the lag.

Hopefully the next villain has more depth and gravity like Kingpin rather than a Cottonmouth. It's like that villain had zero ****s to give wrt PTSD. Despite a little effort in his past, he was totally one dimensional even though there was a psychological edge at play between them.

17. JayZ750

So you're saying Curtis purposefully kept quiet, perhaps even with Frank's knowledge?

I mean... I guess.

That said, the whole thing about Frank not going on records until a certain point... well, is kind of dumb. Or Micro with the video. He could have sent that to a ton of people. But his family? Well sure, but people thought he was dead and he had already sent the video out, so maybe it was Madani, or maybe Gunner, or whomever else Lieberman might have theoretically sent the video to before death... that'd be the sell.

But ok, Micro/David couldn't say anything. Curtis definitely could at that point. Why hold back? Or Gunner... so maybe he's crazy a bit, but he's also super prepared. Surely you'd think he'd have some manifesto ready to go upon his death or have already sent some stuff out to press. What about Karen? Why is she holding back once its obvious and known that Frank is still alive?

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I love all of them except iron fist. seems like the role shoulda went to an asian guy. luke cage and jessica jones were brilliant now marvel is even beating dc when it comes to tv. pretty sad state of affairs for dc.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, I totally forgot to keep watching this. I liked the first two episodes.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Iron fist is supposed to be a blonde haired white guy, they just completely miscast him. Dude that plays the arrow would’ve been good or the main guy from kingsman