1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix] Black Mirror Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by daywalker02, Dec 9, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So I finally gave this series a shot and after careful research, I've watched these four episodes in order:

San Junipero
    Be Right Back
    USS Callister
    Hang the DJ

What should I watch next? From what I read, I'm thinking White Christmas, The Entire History of You, or Nosedive. I think my first four were mostly upbeat episodes, so I'm ready for something pretty gloomy with interesting technology and a big twist.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Go for White Christmas. It's a great episode. Entire History of You is pretty sad. Nosedive is meh.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fifteen Milion Merits is probably my favorite episode. It moderates the trademark Black Mirror soul crushing despair and dread with nice visuals and a vaguely upbeat ending.

Some of the Black Mirror episodes are so bleak that their gloom hangs over you like a black cloud after the episode is over.

If you really want the darkness though, the Jon Hamm Christmas episode is the way to go. Black Museum actually has a lot in common with White Christmas, so it might be another.

#43 Ottomaton, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  4. Buck Turgidson

I'm not a superfan of the show, but it's solid. Those are my 2 favorite episodes off the top of my head (Jon Hamm nailed that role), the Star Trek one was cool too.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Metalhead was as good as anything you'll see

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I alway see him as Meth Damon

Rocket River

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I kind of liked the one with Bryce Dallas Howard and their Rating systems......kind of horror scenario.

Maybe more than Meh?

[​IMG]

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The premise and message were great (and disturbing). So was the "dog" itself.

Problem was the story, which to me was incredibly boring. I think what could have been an all-time episode was blown.

To each his own.

Rocket River, Ziggy and daywalker02 like this.
  9. val_modus

val_modus Member

This. Did not care about the character enough to care.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Just finished Season 4. I really liked all of the episodes especially Metalhead but Black Museum was far and away the best of the bunch. I really liked Metalhead's bleak, minimalist look and feel and the fact that you're dropped into the story with no context - you just have to go with flow. It called to mind Brother Assassin from Fred Saberhagen's Berserker novels where the protaganist finds himself persued by relentless killer machines that can take any form and whose sole purpose is to exterminate human life. Black Museum was simply terrific - it touched on themes that I'm keenly interested in - the interfacing of techology with the human brain, the moral consequences of doing such and facing accountability of one's actions (which also happened to the protaganist in USS Callister). I'm a sci-fi geek at heart so this type of show is really in my wheel house.

Jayzers_100 and GRENDEL like this.
  11. Zackery

Zackery Member

Haha yep Liam Mcpoyle. He also appeared in a season of House of Cards.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Wife and I finished season 4.

Black Museum IMO was the series best episode. I liked Metal Head but I felt like something was missing or I didn't pay much attention to the episode as I normally do and didn't find it amazing.

If I had to rank top 5 episodes IMO
    1. Black Museum
    2. White Christmas
    3. White Bear
    4. Nosedive
    5. San Junipero

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What was the message even?

And what did y'all imagine happened? I imagined there was a war, and the enemy used dogs in battle. The war ended, and the enemy just left the dogs activated and went home. Not there problem anymore.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I didn't understand the "message" also in this one. Just figured they were searching for teddybear to give to a dying kid.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They were going to answer this question but decided to delete those scenes and leave it open to interpretation.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Jodie Foster one was disappointing too.
    ArkAngel

I did not get what the takeaway was suppose to be

Rocket River

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're supposed to takeaway that Jodie Foster cant direct. She snuck into the series by name alone.

val_modus and Rocket River like this.
  18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Never watched. Is it worth it. I see to skip the pilot. should I start on Season 1 ep 2 and just go from there or just cherry pick the episodes I want to watch.

What is the premise of the show anyway... i guess that's what has always kept me away from getting started

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I tried to look up the "top episodes" and they were too varied. (i had watched a few years ago) I think the show is quite subjective depending on the person. I have watched about 1/2 of them at this point. And enjoyed them all to an extent.

Buck Turgidson and VooDooPope like this.
  20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Easiest way to describe the series is Twilight Zone with a modern Tech slant.

Each episode is a stand alone, some are stronger than others. Which ones you'll like are pretty dependent on your taste, premiere episode is kind off putting to a lot of people.....

VooDooPope likes this.