1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NetFlix] 13 Reasons Why

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hispanic Gay Fonzirelli started to get on my fricking nerves

Rocket River

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

A very poor man's version of Esai Morales.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

How good is this show? It's apparently critically lauded, both for its content and acting.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Acting is excellent......the plot and content start to really stretch credibility, IMO, as you get later in the season....

Jmcballer88 and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Good show but waaaaaay to long. They could have easily done this show in 8-9 hour long episodes. Very freaking depressing too if you're into that. Not one laugh, every episode is mood.

GRENDEL and Rocket River like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A Counselor I know at high school just said they had their first 13 reasons suicide threat today. I haven't seen the show, but I'm guessing if teens are watching it, the parents might to watch it with them.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Full of lol's

[​IMG]

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

There was a bit of comedic relief in there I found in about every other episode

9. VanityHalfBlack

80s reference, cassette tapes,,joy division,walkmen.

10. VanityHalfBlack

I don't see a lot of high school kids still riding their bikes? Do I need to get out more?

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This show kind of reminds me of a really well done "My So Called Life" starring Claire Danes except that was just more of a fluff show compared to this show's extreme topic.

The second season is a go and the Hannah character very much factors into it. It will be interesting to see where they take it. An obvious guess is all the "reasons" are going to get exposed, this is no longer going to be a secret between friends, the rapist is going to see his day in court, and the counselor is going to get his for doing a sub-par job. Not sure where else they would go on this...unless Hannah is harboring even more secrets in a new set of tapes we don't know about yet. Would be funny if there is a second set of tapes from Hannah for a second season...albeit would be lame.

12. thejav

thejav Member

2nd season? Is she going to kill herself again?

13. AFS

AFS Member

Looks more like they're taking it to a school shooting angle.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They shouldn't have had a second season.

Maybe they do it in a way where they stop a school catastrophe.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I really enjoyed this show for some reason. I have Netflix but rarely watch anything on it these days. I liked the soundtrack in particular. My least favorite episode was probably the last one.

16. joesr

joesr Member

I'm almost finished!! I'm liking this show. netflix has done me good

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is what she says every darn time!

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah I think that's the most obvious angle, not sure if it'll work though since the show would presumably lose one of it's main cast members in it's second season....

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The guy who played Justin Foley (Brandon Flynn) was at a Easter service I went to in Burbank. Was standing right next to me and my friend. Had his hands all over his girl's ass and I just remember thinking "in church dude? come on". Afterwards a few people were taking pictures with him on the steps outside, but we didn't know who he was yet. Recognized him while binging the show over the weekend.

I think they previewed a lot of things in the last few episodes that would make for an interesting second season. Tyler with all the guns, Alex shooting himself, fine ass Sheri going to the police, the whole lawsuit, etc. Show is like the R-rated Degrassi. Was very well done. High school nowadays must be brutal. We were still MySpacing back in my HS days (06-09) and FB didn't get popular until senior year really. With all the apps and people taking quick clips nowadays, it's probably nerve-wracking.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. joesr

joesr Member

I liked this show. Longest campaign commercial or what I liked it. Last episode was really moving. I understand where a S2 can come in but if we are listening to tapes again for photography boy it might be a bit too much

SpGish20 and daywalker02 like this.