1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help with Google Sheets/Excel and reporting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by backwardhead, Apr 4, 2017.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Because Clutchfans are the smartest best fans I'm bringing an esoteric work problem to you. I've Googled and read and I am very frustrated.

Here is what I am looking for.

I've created a Google form to gather data on local homeless/mental health services resources. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/0WvwmXN0aYn5UD6p2

What I am needing now, and where I am looking for direction or answers, is an app or add-on that will allow me to create an easy way for my caseworkers to check certain boxes to filter the data from the master spreadsheet and put it in a pre-formatted document.

In other words, an interface like the Google Form that allows my staff to now go and select specific categories of data that has been entered. In a form that is pre-formated and ready to print for patients who are discharging.

Say we have a patient who is discharging and needs housing, case management, and outpatient therapy. I want staff to be able to check a few boxes and submit and then get a nice doc with a list of said resources ready to give to the discharging patient.

If it were just me I would just run some filters and cut and paste what I need. But the people I am creating this for are not so savvy and I need to make it as easy as possible. I hope you can help.

If you lead me to the answer I need I will rep and give you the extra ticket I get thrown my way to the next home game I get offered tickets for. The seats are normally VERY good. I can't guarantee I'll get any more free tickets but it's likely. Even playoff tickets.

Even if you can't point me to exactly where I need to go for my answer I would welcome any vocabulary that will help me narrow my Google searches and ultimately get what I need.

Thanks in advance. Go Rockets!

2. pd_

pd_ Member

You can do a mail-merge from Excel to Word.

Set your template of what the final printout is going to be on Word and the mail-merge ability will let you choose your excel sheet that you can place certain fields to the template. Once you select everything, you run the mail-merge and it'll produce a bunch of word documents for every patient.

I think that's what you're looking for

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Thanks for the response but this has more steps than my staff can navigate. Ultimately I want it to flow like when I shop for something online. I check boxes of the features I'm looking for and get a neat little list. The only difference is I could then print the list and it will have logo and contact info nicely preformatted.

5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

6. what

what Member

So are you saying you need an interactive form that will capture data in an excel spreadsheet, and can also be printed or emailed to the patient?

7. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Yes. Almost like a reverse Google Form. Something that spits out the data as easily and attractively as it goes in.

8. what

what Member

The easiest way to do this would be to create a webpage using jotform. Understand, it is not the most elegant or technical option. But you can do it in 5 minutes and it works.