1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA] Top Selling Jerseys & Team Merchandise for 2017-18 Season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’m with @RasaqBoi on this one.

I’d have at least 5 jerseys if they were better. Instead I have a single black one in harden. I have a throw back white drexler and a throwback red Hakeem. I also have the ketchup and mustard alternate from a few years ago.

Every single rockets hat I got, I have probably 6 currently and have probably bought over 100 the past 3 years, are all throwback logos.

I have a bunch of regular rockets gear, t shirts and such.

Not one piece of my collection is the current logo and design. The closest I have is a shirt that has the “HR” logo that looks avengers style.

Playoff tees, and free merchandise from games is the only thing that are from our current scheme.

#21 BigMaloe, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    RasaqBoi and NateNate like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets fans love making excuses for why the team doesn't get the love that it deserves.

"Jerseys are too ugly so Houstonians don't buy them"
    "Traffic sucks so Houstonians can't make it to the Toyota Center by tip-off"

etc.

jbasket likes this.
  3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

It's because of all the Nigerian-Greeks in the world

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

I think that everyone is right in this thread.
    It's both because the jerseys suck and because most nba fans don't like Harden. Harden especially, not the Rockets in general.

Now if we win the championship even if the jerseys remain the same he will be up there in the top 5 for sure.

5. NateNate

NateNate Member

I’m a Houstonian and I don’t buy that ugly ****. Only Rockets gear I buy is old school or if it’s a general Rockets item without the cheesy lettering or logo. No excuses in that. 100% the truth.

Those numbers without a doubt have something to do with our design....Unless you’re someone with zero care of how it looks fashion wise as long as it says Rockets or someone who actually likes our design then nobody is buying that stuff

BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. Entropy

Entropy Member

1. The Jerseys are ass.
    2. The Toyota Center is terrible compared to The Summit and it's built in a horrible location. Alot of the best seats are owned by corporate why would you go there when you can watch the game from the comfort of your own home.

Fix the Jerseys, relocate to the Summit or build a new arena elsewhere, create public transit like subways in Houston, and you will see Houston Fans going to the game in droves.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s true tho, our jerseys are ugly...most of the jerseys u see are either the black ones or some variation of ketchup and mustard because those are the only ones that aren’t hideous

people don’t like to buy ugly things

as someone already pointed out on here, our City Editon jerseys were just our ugly red and grey’s with Chinese lettering on it...

I mean, who the hell is gonna buy that?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Clyde would love a grow back.

[​IMG]

9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The Jersey's stink. I have bought only one t-shirt since the flying dildo. It was a throwback to the championship logo.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Beyond the rockets style issues, the Nike NBA uniforms in general are ass. They have the stupid glaring Nike logo on the front of the uniform and the back of the shoulders have that stupid fold. Will not be buying any Nike jerseys until they fix those issues.

11. Nook

Nook Member

In Chinese it means “cha-ching”.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Hey that sounds like a good research project. Why don’t you do the research and draft a report for review.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Bucks jersey is one of the best in the league. There is no question.

But you are "100% sure more people know Harden over Gannis" and the only reason they are buying the Bucks jersey is the visual?

I contend you are wrong. They are buying the Bucks jersey because Gannis is a freak and his "style of play" and "wow factor."

14. Nook

Nook Member

What is your excuse for being consistently the most pessimistic person on this board?