1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action : 8/1/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Aug 1, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that 2nd play isn’t the same as the first that Russ was annoyed about. The 2nd bounce pass is a routine pass to an open house and that tweet says no look. That’s incorrect. The tweet makes it seem like harden did the exact same thing twice. I disagree. Two completely different reads and decisions

2. alethios

alethios Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why isn’t it fair. You’re over here dogging cp3 and his injuries but Apparently it isn’t fair to hold that same standard for wb. Nah that definitely ain’t it

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bro so its no such thing as injury prone lol. Stop. Dude is injury prone n older. Yes we know anyone can get injuried...some have a higher chance then other tho. I mean. Let's not relegislate common knowledge. Not one person would bet cp3 will be healthy a whole season...come on now. N to years is enough from what u seen. Agai...its about maximizing hardens prime. If u went 2 more years n cp3 was hurt at the worst time...like always thats 2 more years off hardens prime.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’d rather roll with Covington and Westbrook than CP3 and Capela.

Every time I read about CP3 on here it’s like I’m reading about how great we were with healthy Luc and younger Ariza. Yes, we were great two years ago with CP3. Last year was misery in comparison. This year is new hope thx to Westbrook. Let’s just roll with now and quit inventing our current team with outdated memories.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yea if Chris played last year the way he is this year he would still be here. I’m not sure why there was such a drop off between year one and two, but obviously the front office saw it as he was in decline and could get a younger first ballot HOF in return. It just made sense at the time.

I really do not want to play the thunder in the playoffs though. Not just because they are really good but because it’s too damn emotional. It makes me feel awkward to even think about it and puts a ton of extra pressure on the rockets. If the rockets win no big deal, no slight against cp3. But if the thunder win we would never hear the end of it.

mike2k132 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Who cares what someone bets. He’s been healthy this entire year. So what does that mean. Betting has absolutely nothing to do with this. He was prepping in the offseason as a rockets for the upcoming year to have this type of year. And again apparently people like you still don’t know that when that’s been public news for the longest

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Because...my issue isn't a guy will never have injuries lol. Just look at the availability threw the years on basketball reference....other then the one season ending injury to russ. He almost always is close to 80 something games. Availability is greater then cp3s. Those are facts...again I was a big cp3 to Houston guy n love him. Dude just gets injuried at the wrong time. N again is both guys was the same health wise...never can get hurt i would take cp3...it has nothing to do with his skill. Its his availability. U can be Jordan, but if you always hurt what good is that

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes I love cp3...but ill trade my own brother if I could get a equal player thats not injury prone. Its just business.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Then look what happened. Wb ends up missing more time than cp3. You live way too much in the past and dont take into account things are constantly changing. Especially in this era of load management. You’re way too quick to assume something will happen. That’s not how it works

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I must have misread the intention of this tweet. I thought that was Harden taking criticism and doing it the correct way the second time.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn’t see it that way but I get what you’re trying to say.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again sports n life is about maximizing the probability. Rare things can always happen. Cp3 being healthy...a guy thats never injuried being injured. Thats not how it works in sports. You look at the number n likness then make a informed decision. Its was the right move. Even if cp3 has been injury free so far.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

You’re not exactly maximizing the probability when you Initially get a team that fit Terribly and then are now forced to play unconventional basketball for an entire game. It wasn’t the right move. It was a panic move led by the idiot owner. The ceiling for a cp3/harden combo is much higher than any other pairing he’ll ever experience. Not only for themselves but for the team itself that they’re on. Which is the point of a team sport

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

See this tells me u not thinking with us head...how could you know this when the season ain't done. I thinkn2 mvp players has a better chance to win then one. Thats just me tho. Has 2 mvp players on the same team in their prime ever not won a ring?

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw, it's fair. You have to treat CP3 as an old man, not his salary. You have to treat CP3 like his Hamstrings are going to rupture at any moment. That means not playing him b2b's and cutting his workload and playing time.

I remember people on Clutchfans being very angry that CP3 was given even the smallest restrictions at the beginning of last season (CP3 still got hurt on a freak play). Some believed that since CP was being paid a load of cash, it wasn't fair for him to take a smaller load. I always thought that was dumb reasoning.

CP3 should have been in bubble wrap until the playoffs. MDA should have expanded the rotation to accommodate CP3's AARP regulations.

#56 DreamShook, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut, plutoblue11 and YOLO like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn’t matter if this season isn’t done or not. We’ve seen plenty of evidence of what this team is and what needs to happen for them to win games. Are you expecting something drastically different to happen. They play a specific way which isn’t changing at this point.

The 2 mvp label thing is a gimmick. Wb won just bc he avg an extra reb Over harden. He didn’t actually deserve it that year. Product of the ever changing mvp criteria

18. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

So immature but whenever I see Zion I think:
    "Hey big boi! Make 'em back it up, make 'em back it up"

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Harder for longer - Glenn Rivers message to his team

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I just meant his typical 16 or 17 ppg paired with smarts wasn't enough for a lot of fans and arguably Morey.

They wanted a closer to 20 ppg scorer ho should be durable in 70-80 games for 40 million a year which he wasn't no more.

And boy, they harped on his contract.

Lol at Harden and Russ, they get along but there are not many in the league he listens to.

BeBreezy likes this.