1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 10/18/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by samtaylor, Oct 18, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good things happen when you are not scared.

BTW. Boston having a back 2 back this early. cruel.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seem to miss PJ.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

As a Blazers fan, I'm more than happy to get the win. But, it was a cringe-inducing game to watch. I was embarrassed for the Suns and their fans. They made us look like the ****ing Warriors out there, and that was without CJ. I don't think that game told us who this year's Blazers squad is, but it certainly told us who Phoenix is.

Daddy Long Legs and roslolian like this.
  4. Normalus

Normalus Member

Malcolm Brogdon is such an underrated defender, probably top5 guard in the league. He just gave no space to breathe for Kyrie.

rm365 likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

Rondo is hurt, back in six weeks. He makes that team terrifying

#65 Fantasma Negro, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  6. Rockets4Life13

No, no... he doesn't. Can't win with 6+ Scrubs in your rotation.

7. Rockets4Life13

Also another Spurs win without Kawhi. If anyone on the Spurs is a MVP - it's pop, not kawhi.

roslolian likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

I disagree, Rox won 50+ in the 2014-15 season with the likes of Corey Brewer, Joey Dorsey, Kostas Papanikulaou, Jason Terry and Pablo Prigioni playing heavy rotational minutes but Harden made everything work. The Bulls made the playoffs last season because once Wade got hurt Rondo was finally able to run the offense the way it was suppose to be run, once Rondo got hurt it was over for them. Rondo is still a gifted passer and if left open can rip your heart out from the three point line. I'm not saying he's taking them to the ship, but Cousins looks in great shape, Brow is going to do what he does and they have spot up shooters in Cunningham, Crawford and some night Hill might even give them a little something. Just wait til Rondo gets back, they're going to be a pesky bunch

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

rondo sucks. hes far from the savior for that team.

10. Fantasma Negro

Didn't say they he was their savior but they will make the playoffs if Rondo can stay on the floor

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree but i guess well continue to see as the season goes on

12. what

what Member

You dont understand why that team loses. They have two black holes, no disipline and very little defense. Ronda does nothing to solve selfishness.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I know who is the happiest team in the league: the Cavs.

They just won over Celts and Hayward will miss the season, ensuring the Celts will not be a threat. Now Jeremy Lin will also miss the season ensuring their pick will be even higher. Russell is pretty much the only I recognize on that team. OTH Ainge must feel like he just ate a pile of **** lmao.

Not only that next year all the banana boat members are FAs, Lebron can recruit them all to Cleveland (hopefully Cp3 isn't tempted) and have both his vet ring chasing team and also some youth injection thanks to the top pick. I think the odds of Lebron staying just shot up through the roof.

malakas likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

In fact i'm curious to see what Boston will do now, without Hayward they're basically the same team they were one year ago but with Irving instead of Thomas, perfect time to see what kind of leader is Irving...

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

NOPs big 3 have even worse synergy problems than OKC, all of them operate in the same space which is the paint and mid range area. Lol @ Rondo ripping anybody's heart out from shooting anywhere he took only 1.9 3s a game last year even if he made 100% of his attempts that's less than 6 pts. Crawford and Cunningham aren't nearly enough unless they convince Davis to be the 2nd Ryan Anderson and just stay at the 3 pt line and wait for Rondo dimes. I guess we'll see in 6 weeks but regardless what happens when Rondo comes back I think they will be in too deep a hole by then. NOP should lose to any non tanking team out there with just Cousins, Davis and scrubs.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly Year 1 is still too early to judge the Irving trade but Boston is one of the glamor teams and such have a ton of haters as well as Boston fans who have sky high expectations. They only look like the same team a year ago, Jae Crowder is gone and all the Boston non-rookie platoon like Marcus Smart know they are about to be traded for assets and without Hayward Tatum and Brown are gonna get thrown to the fire too early. All these factors make Boston a lot worse so barring superhuman effort from Kyrie I fully expect them to get owned this season and for Kyrie to be ripped apart by both Boston haters and Boston loyalists who want premium performance for the King's ransom they just paid.

We'll see how his mamba mentality takes the criticism then. However no matter what happens Boston can definitely get out of this stronger, they still have the most assets in the league and can easily trade for a disgruntled Davis or Cousins by mid season as well as keeping their own pick and drafting yet another stud. Pretty much the only loser here is Horford, who chose Boston over Houston due to the "winning culture" but so far his tenure has maxed out at ECF beatdowns at the hands of Cleveland.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i agree overall, and for this season they also lost Bradley in fact, i totally forgot about him tbh.

roslolian likes this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

alright im not gonna discuss. lets see what happens and get back to it later :D

Fantasma Negro likes this.