1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Draft 2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Spooner, Jan 12, 2014.

?

Which would you prefer?

1. Current draft

62.5%
  2. All time draft

37.5%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I couldn't decide on Spooner - Torque, it looked too close. Spooner has a very good bench and a more 'traditional' team with rim protection. Afflalo and Lee are having good years.
    On the other hand, Lee/DeAndre front line seems soft-ish, while Torque has two physical beasts up front. Torque wins Dragic, LeBron, Pekovic matchups IMO, and overall his starting lineup seems more stacked. But no rim protection and a worse bench. A very tough choice.

Anyway, it seems Spooner wins 4-3, which seems like it should have ended, 4-3 one way or the other.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

DonatasFanboy
    g Mike Conley
    g JJ Redick
    f Durant
    f John Henson
    c Brook Lopez

Bench: Brandon Knight, Michael Beasley, Chris Andersen

vs

Spooner
    PG - Kyrie Irving
    SG - Aaron Afflalo/ Manu Ginobili
    SF - Paul George / CJ Miles
    PF - David Lee
    C - Deandre Jordan/Anderson Varejao

2 people like this.
  3. VBG

VBG Member

Conley has been so much better than Kyrie this year. Redick Afflalo in this sort of context is a wash IMO.

Spooner's bench is beastly with Manu having a terrific year this year which brings the gap alittle closer. I'm also not the biggest Henson fan.

But I just don't see the David Lee/DeAndre Jordan frontline stopping anyone.

1 person likes this.
  4. jvu

jvu Member

I like dfb's team ability to spread the floor. Durant and Conley is a great combo. Dfb can score so many ways - inside/outside - transitional - post game - spot up. Think rebounding May be a concern against lee/jordan. DFB's bench isn't appealing.

I think spoon may be over the cap because he's got some high dollar players lol

5. jvu

jvu Member

I think spoon has more talent with Manu coming out as the 6th but donaras can score from anywhere on the field and spoon cannot defend that (includes guarding Durant). Durant just killing it right now dropping 30-50 points a game. Idk how you gon stop that.

I pick donaras

1 person likes this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

FC - if anyone is slowing down durant its george. im not worried about lee's defense because of hensons lack of offense, and i still see lee scoring perectly fine. center deandre has really been improved, and he is rebounding very very good. he is also still a shot blocker and tall enough to disrupt lopez. I would say FC is practically almost even considderring durants play but ill give the slight slight edge to spooner.

BC - again its almost exactly even. afflalo is balling but irving is having a down year, neithers defense have been good this year. conley/redick is good spacing and better defense with sighty less offense offense. but with durant its a better BC for the team. Slight slight edge DFB

Bench - this one is much less close. spooner has your prototypical sixth man offensive spark in manu who is playing well. Add in a good defensive huste center with a respectable offense in varejao and its very good. cj miles adds range. DFBs bench is much less impressive with the only valued player i would say is knight whos doing goodish. Spooner wins the bench

Scheme/Overall/Chemistry/Fit/Etc... - Both teams are built really good. i think DFB has the better overall defense and he has the much more reliable clutch shooter in Durant. Spooner has the better depth and better offense. But when it comes down to it i see this match as so close its going to who can make the last shot and the last stop, and to me that is DFB.

DFB wins in a 4-3 double overtime thriller.

On A Side Note: I'm 2 reps away from my fifth bar, if you catch my drift. :grin:

#1446 BigMaloe, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. VBG

VBG Member

Kyrie is so so so bad this year. Hilariously awful for someone with his skill level.

1 person likes this.
  8. thething

thething Contributing Member

Gotta go with Durant in this matchup.

1 person likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

thething FTW got me my 5th bar and changed me from omer asik(crybaby biitch) to james harden(my favorite player even before he was a rocket)

1 person likes this.
  10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

gonna go with DFB

1 person likes this.
  12. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Very close matchup, but gotta go with DFB

KD>

1 person likes this.
  13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Spooner

1 person likes this.
  14. YourSecretLover

im gonna go with spooner. i actually think his bench is the x factor and is better than df

1 person likes this.
  15. YourSecretLover

i personally feel that torque has the best team tho

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Votin for Donuts, don't like the Henson+Lopez combo tho... But the team is better backcourt-wise and on the wing.

1 person likes this.
  17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Torque would make the decision much easier. Spoon matches up much better against Dfb, which is what makes it tough

1 person likes this.
  18. jvu

jvu Member

6-3 DFB is our new 2014 NBA draft champion!

Good job voting in the last matchup.. Went by really quick and had 9-10 voters!

This concludes the draft. Sooo long gay boys!

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Thank you, thank you.

My laptop died, and I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to log in from PC until the weekend.

I guess this is my first 'true' win, not counting the one where i was leading and then the draft died because of fake votes. Or second, I don't remember.
    Anyway, cool.

1 person likes this.
  20. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

So who wanna do an all-time draft? :grin: