1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA conferences draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 31, 2013.

?

Pick one

1. 8 rounds, current players

60.0%
  2. 1st round all-time (retired players), the other 7 current players

40.0%
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Congrats, you got lucky passing me. ;)

2. VBG

VBG Member

I thought the finals were just a bad matchup for thething. Thought horry had a great way to counter him. Oh well.

Congratz on winning.

3. jvu

jvu Member

Lebron can only carry his team for so long.. He had the worst backcourt from the east and still dominated every team... As expected the west would follow through! Too much star players and role players.. Would be different if shaq and few others were on east instead

4. VBG

VBG Member

Barkley is one of the best high volume high efficiency scorers of all time. Especially for a 4.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's debatable if his backcourt is the worst in the East. It depends on whether he starts Wall or not (if he doesn't, he has the best bench in the draft along with oelman). If he does, then the backcourt certainly is not among the best but it's comparable to a couple others.

In the end, Horry drafted and traded very well. And to be fair, got lucky with a few people skipping early picks too.
    LeBron
    Barkley
    Hibbert
    Wall
    Monroe
    is a crazy amount of talent to collect. Even if you replace LeBron with lets say.... Paul Pierce, it would still probably be the most talented "big 5" in the East. Of course, the other 3 guys weren't awesome, and Monroe was on the bench. But overall, a great job by Horry in this draft.

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Congrats to thething.

I had multiple MVPs and I have no idea who guards LeBron with any effectiveness at all. Ibaka and Hakeem could help but that will just free up Barkley and Hibbert.

7. jvu

jvu Member

I think HIbbert >> chandler idk maybe bcu of the playoffs and the Knicks struggle... But I think you helped him out tremendously with that HIbbert for chandler than you cut chandler so I couldn't pick him up which led to me takin an east conference beatdown lol oh well

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They are the same tier players, we are judging based on full season.

You should've taken the deals i offered anyway. Hibbert and Griffin for Garnett and Butler? Griffin and Thabo for Butler and Bradley? How do you refuse those deals? That's typical "Jvu, Lowball and partners" -- if you get offered 10 dollards for 3 dollars, take it, don't haggle over 10 more cents. :grin:

9. jvu

jvu Member

Haha unfortunately I just really wanted HIbbert in my lineup. That trade would've given you a KG/wilt combo which I would absolutely be jealous of! I wanted to do a HIbbert/KG/bird FC that was my ultimate goal :). Imagine if 2 birds really wanted to swim underwater. Yep never seen it before. That's what I wanted to see w/ this lineup. Instead of cutting your homeboy you trade him for chandler than cut. When you could've at least got butler and remained under the cap!

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Anyone down for another draft?

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

An all time one

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

sure, but like i said many times, i'd never do a Hibbert for Butler deal, just unfair to everyone. you just didn't take it seriously for some reason. :p it would've been insanely greedy for me to kill the game for everyone just to gain a little something like Butler.
    you would've been much better off with any of those deals though. Garnett isn't all that great anymore anyway. Better fit for me, and you would've won the deal and improved a ton. Oh well. :)

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

You said you want to run it, right? If so, that's great.

I'm not sure if most people are ready for another one yet or want to wait a bit.

but I guess we can start signups and wait if that's what people want.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

post counts rise, reps stay minimal. Drafts make us seem like bad posters.

15. jvu

jvu Member

haha of course. Man I wanted that HIbbert garnett bird hah lets start a new one! I would like to thank Dona for hosting us in multiple drafts.. Now lets start a new one w/ a new host just to spicen it up a bit

I nominate RedN

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

1k posts per bar is pretty good.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I stayed out of this draft. If I were in here, easily at 5.5k -6k posts. Also I am very close to light green bar :)

18. jvu

jvu Member

Who cares what others think it just shoes your actively posting. As long as you're not 1 bar or 2 or less your golden. Besides we will continue to rep everyone in the draft just need the new people to cooperate

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

damn, i'm at 7k posts. i think i was at 3k in February.

oh well, wwe just need to max out our reps. then no one know our rep/post ratio anyway :cool:

20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Mine is way out of wack.

I mostly lurk through the other threads with minimal posting.