1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA conferences draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 31, 2013.

?

Pick one

1. 8 rounds, current players

60.0%
  2. 1st round all-time (retired players), the other 7 current players

40.0%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I didn't say that they are bad offensive players. I said they have flaws in their games.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Horry

The thing

1 person likes this.
  3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

EAST

Horry33 vs. jvu 5:0

WEST

RedNation vs. thething 2:4

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Apparently Larry Bird is talking to the Kings about GM job. Grrrrrr......

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Kings could use it! And Larry Bird could be GM, Coach, and President of BBall Operations if I were the Kings.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yep, it would be an awesome signing for them. And a terrible loss for the Pacers. He was supposed to be taking a year off because of his health and back with the Pacers this summer.

It would also make me worry that the Pacers ownership is unwilling to spend, unlike they did on the Jermain/Artest team. Otherwise why would he leave? Either they are lowballing him, or they aren't willing to spend on the team as much as he'd like.

1 person likes this.
  7. LCAhmed

REPPIN TIME

4 people like this.
  8. jvu

jvu Member

FinAls

Horry vs the thing

Think we had enough voters and there are no one else on to vote

1 person likes this.
  9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

if we only have 6 total voters, first to 6 won't work. first to 4 for the finals.

FINALS

Horry33

J.Wall
    I.Shumpert
    LeBron
    C.Barkley
    Hibbert

JKidd
    D.Wright
    G.Monroe

VS

thething

g Curry
    g Westbrook
    f Gallinari
    f Ibaka
    c Hakeem

g Eric Bledsoe
    g Gordon Hayward
    f Ryan Anderson

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

deadline Monday 10 am.
    Sunday, ppl may be out, then the game.

11. jvu

jvu Member

I vote thething

12. VBG

VBG Member

Vote Horry33

It's a great matchup for him. He has two fantastic perimeter players who can stay with Westbrook and Curry and make life difficult for them. The athleticism he has on the perimeter is crazy. It will allow them to help and recover really well. Hibbert's size will annoy Hakeem to an extent. Offensively, again thething has absolutely no shot in guarding the Lebron + Barkley combination.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Thething - i don't see how this us a goods matchup for horry, his bc is horrible compared to the things. Lebron and Barkley help as they would dominate their matchups but Hakeem would murder hibbert as well as slow down lebrons penetration significantly.

14. VBG

VBG Member

Hakeem is awesome but Barkley and Lebron are gonna be getting to the rim so easily.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

cool, looks like we'll have close finals.

i'll vote later when i'm less busy

16. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Man tough tough choice. Backcourt ill give it to horry. Fc to the thing. Bench tie. Overall the thing.

The thing for me.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Horry. What VBG said.
    Talent level looks similar, thing has the backcourt and the bench (but the bench is close, Horry has by far the best bench player), Horry the frontcourt.

I like Horry's defense and offense more specifically in this matchup. Horry has a great first line of defense vs. that backcourt + reliable help at the rim. On the other end, LeBron should do fine, and I think Barkley is too strong and explosive as well (if Blake Griffin can own Ibaka more often than not, imagine Barkley, who's a very similar player just better at everything). Add LeBron/Barkley's passing, there are going to be many good looks.

18. LCAhmed

BC:TheThing- Curry and Westbrook are young, skilled, athletic, and can run for days. Not really close here.
    FC: Horry - LeBron and Barkley >Hakeem +scrubs. I will admit, it was tough to vote against Hakeem, but LeBron>>> Gallo, Barkley >>> Ibaka, and Hibbert <<<< Hakeem.
    OFF: TheThing- His BC is Offense to the MAX! Gallo is known for his Offensive skillset, and Dream could easily average 25ppg+ on Barkley/Hibbert. TheThing drafted very well.
    DEF:Gonna have to go with Horry... He's got Shumpert to lockdown the guard(s), LeBron to take out other guard or Gallo (probably Gallo) and Hibbert to try and slow down Hakeem. I don't think of Curry or Westbrook as lockdown defenders, Ibaka and Dream will def shut down the paint though. edge to Horry.
    BENCH: TheThing - Bledsoe can replace either guard spot and not a lot would change, Hayward is a great glue guy, and Anderson will stretch the floor to open the paint. Kidd will still be a good floor general, but his offense has slipped, Wright is good, but Hayward is better, and Monroe is definitely better than Anderson, but TheThing's bench is better.

Winner - TheThing

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Horry33 vs. thething 2:4

Congrats thething!

1 person likes this.
  20. thething

thething Contributing Member

Thanks guys, having 2 top 10 all time shot blockers plus having some super talented guards fall to me in the draft was what i needed.

I got lucky with those picks, plus had an advantage being in the west, but it is cool to be able to win it without making any trades.

Will rep Donatas for hosting.

1 person likes this.