1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-EC draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 25, 2013.

?

A few people prefer to quit this draft and start a full NBA draft with conferences. Do you?

1. Quit and start a different draft

46.7%
  2. Easy paths are for quoters. Finish the draft.

53.3%
  1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Id guard Wall with Holiday, then Shumpert. That's a lot of defense for the one guy who can make the team run effectively. Teague would obliterate Allen, while staying on him camped at the perimeter. Young is a little too quick and strong for Battier. He would give him fits. I'd have Horford on Garnett in the post, Reggie Evans on him at his midrange spot. Webster and Wright off the bench for shooting.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

A frontcourt featuring Blatche and Drummond is really bad. Afflalo shot .300 from 3 this year. Thats bad. Walker isn't great yet. He's inefficient and plays on the Bobcats. 6 assists per 36 is bad. Only decent player on the team was Lebron. He couldn't get it done by himself, and hell the Cavs team he was on would wipe the floor with this one

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Close.

Jvu will have KG on Horford here. Or if Horford is in the paint, crowd the paint with both KG and Jonas. Because Thad Young can't shoot outside the paint. So as far as slowing down Spooner's bigs, Jvu should do a good job.
    But I'm not a fan of Wall/Allen/Battier perimeter defense. That's average or below average. However, Jvu does have solid rim protection from both KG/Jonas when that perimeter defense breaks down. He also can play Courtney Lee for some perimeter defense.

On the other end, if Wall can get past the guard line of defense, there's little rim protection. But that guard line is very solid. And despite rim protection, Young/Horford are both smart team defenders and quick and strong enough to stay with their main guys.

Ok, I guess to me this ends up with Wall's ability to get to the rim vs. Holiday/Teague ability to make either make jump shots or score among two shot blockers. Holiday hasn't been that efficient overall this year, so i guess I trust Wall more in that scenario.

Re Young/Evans/Horford scenario, it's interesting. There's less spacing so Battier can crowd the paint. And make it even tougher on the jump shooters. But they'd get a few extra boards = more shots. It could work. But i suspect it would be a wash.

I'll take Jvu in a very close series.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Jvu vs. Spooner 3:1

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

7. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Spooner's team is kind of a considerably better version of last year's 76ers. Take away Iguodala, Hawes and Lou Williams, add Al Horford (who is a star), Jeff Teague and Shumpert.
    Last year's 76ers lost to the Celtics in 7 games. The Celtics in turn took the Heat to 7 games. IMO, Spooner's team >76ers, LCAhmed's team < Heat.
    It's debatable and of course a LeBron's team always has a shot. But Spooner definitely has a very strong case to be in the finals.

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Didn't think it was possible but lebron is actually severely underrated in these drafts. Heck, even I beat him with a team centered around kyrie. Congrats jvu

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Alright

Jvu vs. Spooner 4:1

Congrats to the East champion!

Time for the East - West finals.

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

Thanks for the excellent rational guys! Congrats to JVU definitely one of the best drafters. Didn't realize how important Jonas Valanciunas would be toward a successful championship run!

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Finals.

Horry

Damian Lillard
    Manu Ginobili
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Blake Griffin
    DeAndreJordan

Chauncey Billups
    Metta World Peace
    Jordan Hill

VS

Jvu

PG John Wall/CJ Watson
    SG Ray Allen/Courtney Lee
    SF Shane Battier
    PF Kevin Garnett/big smack biyombo
    C Jonas Valanciunas

13. RedNation

Rationale * :p

can't win em all right? I guarantee I'll win the next one so there's no use of you even signing up for it.

14. jvu

jvu Member

Thanks good game bud! Think I've got the bills eye on my back now so that's exciting!!

Why did everyone put 3 periods after my name... Hm kinda humorous :grin:

On to the next! Lets draft baby!!;)

15. Jmcballer88

I like jvu here as well

1 person likes this.
  16. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

3of his STARTERS are ancient

17. RedNation

Horry 4 finals.

1 person likes this.
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

link? i don't remember this, curious to see the rosters

19. Jmcballer88

I like John . Wall and Garnett on his team

20. RedNation

I remember it vaguely. It was when fallenphoenix had lebron and quit after he lost. I'm pretty sure I had kyrie. No link sorry. I'm about to go somewhere for about an hour so can't look for it

To be fair to myself, I think my team was pretty good but definitely not good enough to beat lebron. I just think lbj is that good where he can lead a mediocre team. Look at the third quarter yesterday as an example. When he turns it on, no one can stop him.