1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nba 2018 draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ball king23, Jun 2, 2018.

1. omgTHEpotential

Drafting is very hit or miss. There's just so many variables that impact the success of the pick. And it might not have anything to do with actual TALENT. It's really hard to generate a big enough sample to say definitively whether someone is a good drafter. There's just too much variance involved.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Sanity2disChaos

Unfortunately we are talking about the Rockets and not “other teams”. But the point still stands.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter. reality is there isn't a team out there that gets picks right every time so your "point" doesn't mean much

4. Sanity2disChaos

It’s easier than you think. I never said he doesn’t draft well as he has in the 2nd round but as for the 1rst rnd is a different story.

I honestly hope he doesn’t have much say....
    Morey is a numbers guy. If he honestly has say in talent evaluations then that is laughable!!

Nerds don’t play sports!!!!! Stick to the number crunching!!

5. Sanity2disChaos

Who said every time?? Don’t add stuff to the obvious point. We are talking about the Rockets, why any other team would matter is stupid.

Stick to the subject and if you interject make it worth it. Cause this wasn’t.

6. omgTHEpotential

Morey's a legit athlete.

:rolleyes:

7. Sanity2disChaos

Good one!! I’d challenge him to a strenuous table tennis match!!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously hold it to that standard or else you wouldn't be posting what you did. stop trying to backtrack.

the rockets have drafted guys who are rotational players til this day. much of it is hit or miss. as far as drafting, the fact that you say its easier than what people think is dumb. wake up first

9. Sanity2disChaos

You are dumb. Scroll up and use your comprehensive skills. I said he actually does well in the 2nd but not in the 1rst. But I digress because you have no clue and I’m not entertaining your silly azzzz today.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh so the post about not being successful in the 1st round is overlooked bc it doesn't fit your narrative. classic cf idiot. but no surprise there judging by the user. ignore anything even if you are the one who posted it

11. Sanity2disChaos

Fit my narrative!!?? You obviously don’t understand the simplicity of it honestly. I was clear in my point. Your opinion on the matter has no base. Other than it’s your stupid opinion!! !!Facts are he’s a better 2nd round drafter than a 1round. Which honestly is azzz backwards but I’ll take it!!

Shut up!!!! You are not qualified!! You aren’t even making enough sense to care. Next subject!!

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny how one of his recent draft picks in the 1st round has been his most successful

you are one of the last people on this board to tell anyone else if they're qualified or not

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. Sanity2disChaos

Lllooooolll!!!! Smh... ok bruh!!!

14. Sanity2disChaos

And just for kicks and giggles, who are you referring to??!!!!

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

since you try to make yourself be such an "expert", it should be obvious. its telling that this is your response and just validates what was previously posted

especially with how rare the rockets have gotten an actual 1st round draft pick in the last 5 years.

16. Sanity2disChaos

You talk to much. Just answer the question. You said “one of his recent draft picks “, so since I’m not psychic, I’d like to know who you are speaking of??

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again, its telling that this is your response and just validates what was previously posted.

lol @ psychic. go do some research self proclaimed expert

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Same that’s my 1and 2 in order

Reeko and don grahamleone like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It’s hilarious people don’t think Morey can draft.

Always picking smack dab in the middle and he has consistently drafted rotation level players.

Everyone just fantasizes about Morris over Kawhi because kawhi was the next pick and the Royce white experiment.

Other than that his drafting has been good.

#39 BigMaloe, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Reeko likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sam Dekker was a pretty good pick. Montrezl too.